LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Unread 06-09-2003, 06:38 PM   #1
Hairy
User

Post 7.65 Toggle?

Have a 7.65 frame and upper receiver with barrel (without the toggle train, bolt, etc.). I've got two questions:
1. Will a complete 9mm train work in its place--without blowing my hand up? If not, where does one find the 7.65 toggle train.
2. Where does one locate a 7.65 magazine for it or may one substitute a 7.65 magazine follower in a 9mm mag?

Comments and suggestions most appreciated.
Hairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2003, 09:00 PM   #2
MG
User

Hello Hairy,
There are many members here you could get parts for your Luger from. I have used Tom Heller or as his handle here is Lugerdoc at:

hellerarms@webtv.net

He has the largest parts list in USA so he can help you(clips, toggle, etc.). I sure you will need to use a 7.65 toggle with bolt if you wish to use your upper.

Tom can build a 9mm upper for you and I think it will work with your frame(he will know).

Hope this helps

Michael
MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2003, 11:28 PM   #3
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso
Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,676 Posts
The only differences between a 7.65mm Luger and a 9mm Luger are the barrel and strength of the mainspring. Everything else is interchangeable, so you can use any toggle train, preferably a DWM since that is most likely what the remainder of your Luger is(I'm not absolutely positive that a late WWII Mauser toggle wouldn't fit your DWM precisely since I have never tried it, but I'm guessing it would also work OK). The same magazine works for both calibers.

A real life example of a 7.65mm/9mm switch is the early Bulgarian contract Lugers. Many of the 1906 7.65mm Bulgarian Lugers were converted to 9mm by replacing the barrel, and probably the mainspring, after Bulgaria purchased the 1908 model in 9mm.
Unread 06-10-2003, 07:09 AM   #4
Hairy
User

Thanks for the info, guys. Turns out that the person from whom I purchased the 7.65 also has the toggle for sale. Hooray!!!! Problem solved.
Hairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2003, 09:16 PM   #5
MG
User

Hello Mr. Wood,

I did not know this about the Lugers in 7.65mm and that is why I enjoy this site. I am always learning something new.

Michael
MG is offline   Reply With Quote