LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 10-03-2011, 05:16 PM   #1
Norme
Always A
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,593 Times in 931 Posts
Default With regard to Albert....

I have pleaded for clemency on Albert's behalf in the past, but this time he has seemed to go out of way to provoke Ed. I think Ed acted with restraint and gave Albert fair warning. That said, I hope Albert's banishment is temporary. While his posts generate a lot of heat, they produce light as well. He will be missed. Regards, Norm
Norme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2011, 06:10 PM   #2
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,506 Times in 2,080 Posts

anyone who has contact with him, is welcome to speak to him.

But, be advised that he acted up on Jan Still's forum, enough that Jan banned him, because he kept getting 'infractions' and causing trouble.

Yes, I am a moderator on both, but I try to keep that separate. Folks told me I should have banned him on both forums at the same time, but I don't work that way.

Albert will be nice for a while, but like he has told me and others on the forums, he carries a grudge, and so it is hard for me to think he will 'learn' from a 'time-out'.....
Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2011, 08:34 PM   #3
Jack Lawman
User

Default LugerForum trip to Sweden....

This whole affair strikes me as a sort of Stockholm Syndrome/bad dog lover kind of thing. Some people develop a soft spot for other people who behave badly and crap on others. It can be entertaining and downright amusing.

Unless you're the one getting crapped on... then not so much!

I had no idea about the whole Russia v Bulgaria controversy until this latest go around. I'll admit, the mudfest was a nice departure from the usual starch collar suspects around here (for me, anyway). I had fun learning.

All that said, I stand firmly in Ed's corner... Albert was warned. Who do you blame, the rattle snake for biting or the dope who tried to pet it? It gets filed under, "What the h- did you think was gonna happen?"

Jack
Unread 10-03-2011, 09:48 PM   #4
Don M
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lawman View Post
This whole affair strikes me as a sort of Stockholm Syndrome/bad dog lover kind of thing. Some people develop a soft spot for other people who behave badly and crap on others. It can be entertaining and downright amusing.
I kept asking myself why I kept checking out this "discussion" and concluded it was the same morbid curiosity that causes people to run to see train wrecks.

Author of History Writ in Steel: German Police Markings 1900-1936
http://www.historywritinsteel.com
Don M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 04:05 AM   #5
Steinar
User

A very good thing about this forum, has been the general polite tone throughout the threads. It's seems like most people here are very much aware that the written word can be interpreted in many ways, due to the obvious lack facial expressions.

If the forum goes in a direction (as other forums I have visited) where the polite tone and respect is set aside for personal attacks and everlasting disagreements, then at least I would find something else to do rather than to follow this forum.

Lively discussions - Personal attacks
Unread 10-04-2011, 07:10 AM   #6
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,440 Times in 2,328 Posts

I have found this forum to be *extremely* tolerant...For instance, on bladeforums.com, Alberts behavior would not have been tolerated beyond the first instance...and he would have been gone...*I* have been given infractions/points and even a 48 hr suspension there...and I'm considered a moderate in my views/behavior...

On ARFCOM, Albert may have been allowed his behavior, but only in specific 'free speech' sub-forums...(bladeforuns also)...

Albert does seem to have an anti-American attitude, which I have noticed among a few non-US forum members (other forums than this)...

Offhand, I can't think of any nationality that I dislike as much as Albert despises Americans...
sheepherder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 09:48 AM   #7
LU1900
User

In 2009 , I send a message to John.D because I been hurt in a post by Albert : personal attack, no answer , so I banned myself from this forum : I only read the posts .
LU1900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 11:07 AM   #8
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,506 Times in 2,080 Posts

Patrice, then you are the only one who is hurt (and us for your expertise) by not posting....

On another note; I have had people tell me they were afraid of posting because there guns would be scrutinized so closely, which I can understand. And many times I receive emails from folks asking for advice personally ---- I only have so much time or energy to help off line...

Ed
Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 11:39 AM   #9
lew1
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

The fact is that pistols are, as you say, scrutinized very closely. Nothing wrong with that. But there seems to be a tendncy by some to attack the pistol every time and every now and then there ia an apology.
Unread 10-04-2011, 12:02 PM   #10
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

Patrice,

You are encouraged to once again participate my friend.

Personal attacks are not tolerated on this forum.

Unfortunately, John D. is often too busy with the matters of running his business, or his charity/orphanage in Haiti (rennwish.org) to be available to deal with the day-to-day operations of this forum. Day-to-day operations are delegated to the moderators.

If you are witness to, or the victim of a personal attack on this forum, all members are encouraged to use the "Report Post" icon to report the incident to all of the moderators simultaneously.

This feature is NOT for bringing things such as duplicate postings to the moderator's attention, but for flagrant violation of the terms of service, the use of profanity or sexual content, or the personal abuse of other members.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 03:38 PM   #11
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

Oh Yeah, one more thing:

"No man ever got very high by pulling other people down. The intelligent merchant does not knock his competitors. The sensible worker does not knock those who work with him. Don't knock your friends. Don't knock your enemies. Don't knock yourself."

--Sir Alfred Lord Tennyson

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to John Sabato for your post:
Unread 10-04-2011, 04:23 PM   #12
hgreer2
Banned

I'm guessing Sir Alfred Lord Tennyson wasn't into politics.....

Harry
hgreer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 05:37 PM   #13
Curly1
User

Someone once told me during my working carreer "be kind to people you meet on the way up the the ladder cause you may need their support on the way down"

I found it to be so true.

Gary
Curly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 05:41 PM   #14
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,133 Times in 2,173 Posts

Ed over the many years I've known You, You have always been one heck of a Gentleman, especially dealing with me a post stroke, brain damaged, obsessive compulsive behavoral and one hell of an American. My only suggestion is that please don't take offence from well known obsessive compulsive behavior by a few. Your Good name an honor is well known and the world would be an empty place without You. Each of us bring to this Luger pot of soup our individual ingrediants. Some time our pot will be overwhelmed by an indididual personal spice. Just let us simmer and remember that You, Jan and a few other personalities blend together to one of the finest Brew on the internet. Sometimes a little while longer will be needed to steep, simmer away some of those stonger spices in order for our never ingrediants shall take their place. You all must be proud. Heck neither of my marriage have lasted longer. Relax, sit You deserve it.
Attached Images

cirelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 05:44 PM   #15
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,440 Times in 2,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Sabato View Post
This feature is NOT for bringing things such as duplicate postings to the moderator's attention...
...<sob!>...I'm sorry!!!...I thought it was for that too!!!...
sheepherder is offline   Reply With Quote