LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 01-10-2002, 04:38 PM   #1
Marvin C.

Default RB-17 Products

I called the number listed on the RB-17 Website and the fellow stated that the distributor is Sinclair Products, Ft. Wayne, Indiana, (219)749-5136.

He said they would be very glad to sell me their products. After looking at the website, I was inpressed with the products listed. I may call Sinclair to find out the prices soon. The Cleaner sounds very intetesting! If anyone else finds out where it can be purchased, let us know.

MarvinC.

Unread 01-10-2002, 07:09 PM   #2
S. Allen

Default good stuff!

I have used this stuff for years! It is made about 10 miles from my house.

This stuff is really great for use after shooting corrosive ammo. I own several Mausers, Enfields and Mosin Nagant rifles and the cheapo surplus plinking ammo that sell for these calibers is almost always corrosive. The RB-17 greenish gel sticks real well to a bore brush and takes everything out of the barrel and neutralizes corrosive salts found in the primers of most surplus ammo.

I have never seen any rust on my guns. Even after shooting the nasty Pakistani 303 surplus in my Enfields and the Turkish 8x57mm in my Mausers, no rust after using RB-17! It is MUCH bette than Sweets or other cleaners.

just be sure to follow up with an oily patch - RB strips all protective oils from meatl. It will not harm bluing, but keep it off your wood stocks!

I absolutely swear by their products.

Unread 01-11-2002, 07:53 AM   #3
Marvin C.

Default Re: good stuff!

What is the going price for the cleaner? I sure am intetsted in buying some, but hate to pay list price from the distributor in Indiana as I won't be buying large quantities.

Marvin C.

Unread 01-11-2002, 10:45 AM   #4
S. Allen

Default Re: good stuff!

It usually runs me about 6-8 dollars a bottle here in Houston, but it is made real close to here and I am buying it from factory reps at our local gun shows.

Still, if its 10 bucks or less, I'd grab it. This stuff was oroginally developed for black powder shooters and you know how dirty and corrosive BP is! It has a funny smell - like Mr. Clean but its not so offensive that you cannot clean your guns inside the house.

Their gun oil is good stuff too, but really no better than Break Free. I bought one bottle of their finishing gun oil at a show once and it coated nicley.

Still, with Break Free being sold at our loacl Army Surplus stores in big generic bottles called "weapons oil - medium" for a paltry 3 dollars apiece...I see no reason to buy anything else.

-SA

Unread 01-11-2002, 12:49 PM   #5
REB

Default Re: Retail price

I bought some yesterday from Sinclair in Ind. and it is listed at $5.00 / 4 oz. and $15.75 / 16 oz plus $5 something UPS shipping.

Regards,

Rod

Unread 01-11-2002, 03:49 PM   #6
Marvin C.

Default Re: Retail price

Rod,

Thanks for the pricing. I will give Sinclair a call on Monday and order a couple of their items!

Marvin C.