LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 05-22-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
SteveM
User

Default London beheading

Soldier beheaded on the streets of London:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...icle-1.1351640
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 06:13 PM   #2
andwaahs
User

I came in from work and saw this, I have been watching how things have developed since, I called that country home for 30 years and now I don't recognise it. There have been shootings and violence from terrorists in the past, I grew up under the shadow of northern Ireland. But a public execution of a service man by beheading in a broad daylight!
I truly grieve for my country tonight.
andwaahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 06:52 PM   #3
mrerick
Super Moderator - Patron
LugerForum
Life Patron

Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,503 Posts

It was pretty disgusting from the news reports I've seen.

Soldier returning from his work... Terrorist waiting to assassinate the next target available.

Nobody witnessing the murder able to intervene (no legal firearms)...

Perp spouting off to the cameras after the murder.

Marc
Unread 05-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #4
andwaahs
User

"Nobody witnessing the murder able to intervene (no legal firearms)... "

Exactly my thoughts to a co worker today, if this was the states there is a good chance the attackers would have been dealt with in some way, as there is still a culture of self defence and the defence of others under such circumstances. Here in Europe weapons in private ownership are pretty much taboo even for sport these days. and the population is so out of touch with real violence after a 30 year TV brainwashing that many simply walked on by minding their own business, One brave lady at least attempted to talk them out of harming anyone else, she must have been mad as there was no one going to step in if they turned on her, the bystanders would simply have recorded it on their Iphones.
Unread 05-23-2013, 03:37 PM   #5
NoncomRetired
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

I use to be religion tolerant...use to be!!!!! When a religion becomes a threat to the well being of another religion or another race or nationality, it's time to cut out the cancer for the existance and freedom of all....IMO. No one can do that or accomplish that when society today has made law-abiding citizens into the law-breaking citizens when they demand action and protection and are procecuted for defending themselves, there was a time people like these religous maniacs would have been dealt with swiftly and totally and all others would have supported the end results. Life today....sucks!!!!! IMO.
NoncomRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 7 members says Thank You to NoncomRetired for your post:
Unread 05-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #6
policeluger
RIP

two of my first cousins are London cops, they are due here late Sept., this is the first thing I am going to ask them about....and I have never meet them......very sad.
policeluger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 05:14 PM   #7
lew1
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

With respect to religion, one should be careful. At one point in time, the Catholic religion was violent. Witness the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, the Huguenots, the activities in Holland/Belgium area. Then there were the problems in England after Henry/Cromwell changed the state religion.

Excesses often occur with all.
Unread 05-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #8
andwaahs
User

Indeed, but we move past these primitive ways that come with these beliefs, many in Britain are atheist, but baptised as they had no say in that matter.

this decline in the state religion has left a void other religions brought with the immigrants has boomed in. Many churches whose flock no longer exists has been turned into a mosque or temple, One of these religions advocates many barbaric and primitive ways we had moved beyond with civil rights and and science. now we must integrate this backwards and non productive fairytale from the 3rd world into our lives. I for one refuse.
Unread 05-23-2013, 06:04 PM   #9
NoncomRetired
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by lew1 View Post
With respect to religion, one should be careful. At one point in time, the Catholic religion was violent. Witness the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, the Huguenots, the activities in Holland/Belgium area. Then there were the problems in England after Henry/Cromwell changed the state religion.

History shows how life back then was based on religion by who died and who survived and that was proven with the Northern Ireland Troubles which dated back before the Flight of the Earls. There have been more wars throughout world History were religion based and/or caused. Practically all the countries in the world were religion based and ruled and was one of the main reasons why those percecuted came here and because of that reason and combined that with all the years hence, we still try to accept the existance of all religions still today but, as you said, times change just like laws change and although our Constitution, under the 1st Ammendment includes "Freedom of Religion", the Fourteenth should have been changed to include "Protection from Religion" when it was written.

If we can be threatened and/or attacked by another country's politcal based government and we have and will defend ourselves and our country from that threat or attack, so can we if that threat is religous based and the main source of that government's governing body.

So many idiots today are calling for the change of the Consitution regarding the 2nd Ammendment and how it is outdated, I say the 1st and 14th Ammendments are outdated when if comes to religion and the threat today from the religion of Islam and until those two Ammendments are change, we damn well best hang on for dear life to that 2nd Ammendment.....IMO

I'm not going to comment further about this subject, I fought for all those God given Constitutional Rights but even I have arrived at the point that I could care less if the muslims and their religion of Isalm should one day disappear from the face of this earth. Some might say that would mean the deaths of so many innocent people....charity and LIFE begin at home in today's world....IMO.
The following 2 members says Thank You to NoncomRetired for your post:
Unread 05-23-2013, 07:17 PM   #10
nukem556
User

I seem to recall we've had to deal with a similar fanatical religious based enemy not too long ago, who employed beheadings and human guided suicide weapons as policy of war.......we ended up calming them down with a couple of neat gadgets called Fat Man and Little Boy...just sayin
nukem556 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to nukem556 for your post:
Unread 05-23-2013, 09:33 PM   #11
saab-bob
User

"Nobody witnessing the murder able to intervene (no legal firearms)... "

According to eyewitnesses as reported by the BBC,one of the attackers was armed with a pistol.
Another example of "When guns are outlawed,only outlaws(and terrorists) will have guns".
Bet that doesn't get reported in the US media.
Bob
Unread 05-24-2013, 10:07 AM   #12
Ron Smith
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lew1 View Post

An interesting read...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cov...rm_of_the_Lord
I Still Need DWM side plate #49... if anyone runs across a nice one.

What ~Rudyard Kipling~ said...
Ron Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 10:19 AM   #13
Kitkat041836
RIP

Angry Gun Grabbers

All I have to say is if they try to take my guns they will have a
to die trying.
Thanka,George
Kitkat041836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 11:35 AM   #14
dond
User

...And that history is one in which Muslims carried the sword to Europe for centuries before Christian armies took the Crusade to them.

A Timeline of Islamic Expansion In The Dark Ages

http://www.redstate.com/2013/05/22/a...the-dark-ages/
dond is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 11:58 AM   #15
laoshi75
User

"One day millions of men will leave the Southern Hemisphere to go to the northern hemisphere. And they will not go there as friends. Because they will go there to conquer it. And they will conquer it with their sons. The wombs of our women will give us victory".
Algerian President Houari Boumedienne, speech to the UN, NYC, April 10, 1974.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xhu...il-1974_webcam
laoshi75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 02:01 PM   #16
NoncomRetired
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Default Not safe in uniform in your own

country anymore.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2...id=msnhp&pos=5

Mark my word, this will happen more and more and more.