LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 03-31-2001, 12:32 PM   #1
Hugh
RIP

Default Enemy at the Gates

Finally saw it yesterday. Enjoyed the movie, but was disapointed on one count: all those Germans and no LUGERS!

Unread 03-31-2001, 12:53 PM   #2
Milt Keller
User

Default Re: Enemy at the Gates

I thought it was entertaining, but Ed Harris' accent was real give-away! It's hard for me to get into a German/Russian flick where the Russian and his female love interest have Cockney/Manchester accents. Over all it was a pretty good movie. An Academy Award winner it aint!

Milt

Unread 03-31-2001, 02:41 PM   #3
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,583 Times in 989 Posts
Default No Lugers,...but lot's of helmets with holes !! (EOM)

Unread 03-31-2001, 07:43 PM   #4
Jesse
User

Default Good LuftWaffe shots......

I saw the 1st day it came out and was somewhat disappointed. It was more of a love story instead of a war epic but it was entertaining.

Unread 03-31-2001, 11:57 PM   #5
Milt Keller
User

Default Re: Good LuftWaffe shots......

Jesse:

These days we lack acting ability, the real "actors" have regretfully vanished. We now have memorizers of scripts! We spend multi-millions on computer generated "block busters" that lack real acting ability, as in "Enemy" a young couple dry humps on the screen, they rate it an "R" and the population "flocks" to it. That is why after millions spent on Gladiator and Enemy at the Gates, et al, we say...we were disappointed! Can you imagine in your wildest dreams, what the "classics" would be with the technology of today?

Hey, now that I am a senior citizen, I get in for $5.50 it's worth it. Parish the thought that I would ever pay $9.00 to get in the theater!

Happy Lugering!

Milt keller

Unread 04-01-2001, 10:30 AM   #6
tom heller

Default Re: SEMPER FI

You former Marines may want to check out the tube tonight at 9pm EST on NBC, as they are showing a new made for TV flick with the above title. That's all I know about it, except that your sister "Susie" may appear. Even us swabbies may watch for that.

Unread 04-01-2001, 07:01 PM   #7
BILL
User

I finally saw 'Enemy' on Saturday afternoon and the theater I saw it in (Century Cinema, Reno, Nevada) had a very good copy of the film and also an excellent sound system (the film has awesome sound effects). I felt it had some of the elements that 'Private Ryan' had but both of them got lost in sub-plot storylines. I look more for authentic scenes and less for good acting in war movies. 'The Dirty Dozen' was probably one of the most entertaining I can think of and 'The Big Red One' probably one of the best overall. Somewhere 'Patton' has to fit in (that would have to be for George C. Scott's acting, I guess). Bill

Unread 04-01-2001, 10:13 PM   #8
Ted
User

I noticed the British accents on the two lead Russian Characters also. Thos Kruschev character really well done!

Ted