LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 04-05-2002, 07:04 PM   #1
Marvin
User

Default Back From the Range

Just finished cleaning the 1920 Commercial I bought a few weeks ago. I had a Blast at the range today. There is a new range officer and he is a super nice guy and the range will be open on Saturdays from now on. It has been bad not being able to shoot o Saturdays, but it look like that has changed now.

On to the good news; the .30 Luger shot the Fiocchi ammo with only one failure to hold open! I was shocked that it fired and etracted every time! I fired about 40 rounds (ran out of ammo)and it was flawless operation. I was firing about 10 meters and was making one ragged hole in the 2" dia. range. Was I surprised at this accuracy, much better than my other .30 Luger.

I also took my CZ-75B and fired about 150 rounds thru it today and it sure shoots better than I do. This is a nice pistol and it is ALL steel, no plastic.

Great day and the range office wants me to bring my M1A tomorrow and we will have a shoot-off. I have recently put a scope on the rifel and need to get it sighted in before we fire for "record". I will miss firing my K98k, but what the heck, the M1A needs to be sighted in.

Marvin

Unread 04-05-2002, 07:32 PM   #2
R. Grady/Roadkill

Default Re: Back From the Range

Isn't America great? The freedom we have with the weapons of our choice is something to be protected and treasured.

Roadkill

Unread 04-06-2002, 01:33 AM   #3
Lonnie Zimmerman
User

Thank GOD for the Republicans!!

Lonnie

Unread 04-06-2002, 04:53 AM   #4
Marvin
User

Roadkill & Lonnie,

You are right about it being great to beable to do this. The good thing about the range I go to is that it is a State of South Carolina Department of Natural Resources Range and funded from our taxes. The new Rangemanster is a great guy and has big plans to improve it! Since the range is manned, it is safe to take your wife/girlfriend and not have to worry about any problems coming up. The Rangemaster is a State Game Warden and they do have POWER in SC!

Can you believe in this day and age, we have a Government sponsered place like this?

Marvin

Unread 04-06-2002, 11:41 AM   #5
Dan Clemons
User

Default California can boast the worst government in the land!

I contend that no state government laws should be so restrictive that it forces it's good tax paying citizens to seek refuge in another state.

Unread 04-06-2002, 01:03 PM   #6
Big Norm
RIP

Default Re: California can boast the worst government in the land!

Now you know why Arizona, Montana and Utah are growing so fast. Keep guys like Michael Douglas in California. Too many movie stars are escaping the mess they helped make in California and moving to Montana and are messing with that state.

Big Norm

Unread 04-06-2002, 01:51 PM   #7
schwob
RIP

Dan, I agree. When my retirement time finally came we moved from New York to Maine. If you ever drive up to Maine, as you enter the State from New Hampshire, after you've crossed the bridge, you'll see a large sign on the right side of the roadway. It reads, MAINE, life as it should be.

Food for thought.

Unread 04-07-2002, 12:12 AM   #8

Hey guys, Florida is also great. CCW's are readily available (they do cost a few bucks) and you don't even need one to carry loaded in your car (the piece must be in a holster or case in the glove box though). This is true for resident or non resident. Also, there are 3 state maintained ranges on the managed wildlife area (50,000 acres) near me. This would have Rosie and the Bradys awake all night if they knew it.

Unread 04-10-2002, 11:19 AM   #9
Robert Egan

Are you referring to California or New York? As a resident of New York, I am planning to move to Pennsylvania this summer, or as soon as teaching job can be located there.Our Gov.Pataki ran as a conservative and is now a flaming liberal determined to disarm law abiding citizens while going to Vieques to demonstrate against the U.S. military. Keep this in mind if this shallow and mendacious opportunist ever runs for national office!

Unread 04-11-2002, 12:21 PM   #10

Robert,

Pennsylvania can be good or bad for firearms laws. I lived there for 60 years (had a permit for 25) and my son is still there. Philadelphia is a no-no and many big cities are difficult for permits. I would suggest you talk to the county sheriff where you plan to reside before making the final choice. Washington county is excellent if you have a clean background.

Unread 04-11-2002, 12:36 PM   #11
Herb
User

Dan, I lived in CA for 22 years, in Sacramento, as soon as my Army retirement kicked in I got out of there and moved to Utah. I had been here about two months when I applied for and recieved my concealed carry permit. Utah has a "must issue" law, if you are clean, you get it. Try that in CA!! In Utah, gun control means a good sight picture! In My opinion CA = Communist America.

Unread 04-11-2002, 05:31 PM   #12
Dan Clemons
User

Herb, I could not agree with you more. Legislation has MORE to do with being re-elected than for the common good of its citizens.

California won't let a power plant be built here for 20 years and then all of a sudden can't figure out why we don't have any electricity.

Every time the governor signs a bill we loose another little piece of our freedom.

Dan

Unread 04-11-2002, 06:32 PM   #13
Herb
User

Dan, I agree, I lived there from 1972 to 1999 and I personally cannot recall anything that that state did in my favor. Everything is to increase revenue or to restrict the citizens freedom, or freedom of choice, in one way or another. Then they gave us Grey Davis, WOW what a duzy, anyone that votes to extend him is nuts, he is the engineer of the biggest energy crisis in modern history, but I feel that he still made a lot of money on it. I am normally non-political in nature, but when some politician wants to take something from me that has been mine for years, it really gets to me. Why the general population holds still for these tactics is way beyond me. I guess I just don't understand it. California touts itself as the nations' leader in innovation, but they are only the leaders in denial of freedom. I guess the hippies of the 60's from Berkeley are now coming into power now and the acid they popped is still popping.

Unread 04-11-2002, 11:37 PM   #14
Dan Clemons
User

Default Herb, I could not have said it better. (EOM)

Unread 04-12-2002, 09:55 AM   #15
Big Norm
RIP

Herb,

my bother sill lives in Kalifornia and he echos your sentiments. He feels that the wiedos of LA and San Fran do all the electing. Senator Diane Frankenstien was elected by a wierd segment of the population of San Fran and the media while Senator Barby Boxer was elected by illegals and the Hollywood left in LA. So all of America has to suffer because of it. But don't feel too bad. I have talked to people in Colo. and they say pretty much the same thing there. One big city and a college town dominate elections there.

Here is Michigan, Detroit does not dominate but their newspapers are strong and so are the unions in the auto industry. But unions are a mixed bag with the skilled trades workers tending to be more conservative. Conservatives are strong in the Southwestern lower penninsula. So, as a result, conservatives win state wide but liberals win federal elections. But sheriffs and police chiefs dominate local gun laws and they are strongly political. So gun laws are a mixed bag. We have the University of Michigan which competes with Berkley, Cal. on who can be the strangest. But Michigan State University has a agricultural history. So it tends to stay out of the political limelight.

So now lets talk about New York. How does an anti gunner like Senator Shoemmer, or whatever his name is, keep getting elected. I may be biased but I don't see a lot of intelligence in him. Maybe its because he gets his campaign money from the New York city wealthy liberals.

I guess that I am still mad that Cleveland, Ohio. They recently annexed a parcel of land where the Ohio Gun Collectors Association had all their excellent gun shows. Like Los Angeles did at Pamona, the first thing Cleveland did was ban gun shows. Now, the OGCA is having a tough time finding a site big enough to house their popular gun shows. So I am sorry if my frustrations are showing.

Big Norm

Unread 04-13-2002, 01:19 PM   #16
dgp42
User

Here in KA I believe Gun Shows will go the way of the dinosaur on Jan.1,2003. Lots of new restrictions for legal buyers of handguns. A 5 year HSC certificate will need to be presented 1st. before any transaction can begin. It will be administered by qualified instructors of the states choosing. Approximate cost $25+. Being ex-military no longer an exempt status unless retired from. And of course the 10 day wait and limit of 1 handgun purchase in any 30 day time frame. See it all at http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/dwel/12800eff2003.htm Any of us still unable to move to another state are in for a rough ride. All these laws are toted as being in the interest of public safety.I hope and pray that it were so. Giving up freedoms for a false sense of security is a bad trade off. I'll adhere to the laws of the land. But, I don't think it will effect the criminal element one iota.IMO