LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Holster Forum

Unread 02-06-2004, 01:36 PM   #1
saxman
User

Post IMA Holster

Just received yesterday the new IMA '1916 Mid-Brown' holster for my DWM. As repos go, I believe these are the best, as far as I know - particularly for less than $50. Beautifully made of thick, clear leather; the Luger, loading tool and magazine fit as they're supposed to, and the pull strap is needed to get the pistol out. Who really needs a holster for a Luger, but I just wanted it, and saw no need to spend a lot of money for a real one. I'll post a pic if anyone wants to see it. Also in my order was a beautiful '1912' cavalry holster for the 1911, and it is perfect beyond belief. So, at the show tomorrow I'm looking for a nice leather belt for the Luger and a khaki pistol belt for the 1912.
Unread 02-06-2004, 03:02 PM   #2
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Please post photos of your IMA holster... educate the rest of us

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2004, 07:16 PM   #3
saxman
User

John; Very doubtful that I know anything about Lugers that would be new to this Forum, but I'll be glad to post some pics of these nice holsters. When I get a new camera battery, that is. Maybe Sunday night. This is gun show weekend!
Unread 02-13-2004, 01:55 PM   #4
saxman
User

Okay, I sent the Luger holster back - it was great, but I just didn't like the tan color. They're sending a brown one with the police-type clasp; strap attached to holster, brass stud on flap. I'll post pics after I get it. Turns out these are made in India if that matters to anyone. Makes you wonder - sacred cow and all that, what?
Unread 02-13-2004, 06:03 PM   #5
Morris Gardner
User

I also bought a cavalry holster from IMA and have been very favorably impressed by its fit, authenticity and the quality of materials and workmanship. In my experience of over a dozen individual transactions with them during the past several years, I have invariably found them to be a great outfit to deal with. In my experience they sell competitively priced merchandise of excellent quality, particularly with respect to holsters, replica or otherwise, albeit with one exception: Unfortunately, the artillery holsters they sell, while seemingly put together to a very high standard with respect to materials and workmanship, are unusable. They are far too tight and just don't fit my gun...or any Luger no matter how long the barrel. I returned the first one I received because of this, but encountered the same problem with its replacement and can only conclude that the manufacturer was using a defective pattern. Indeed, if I didn't know better, I could have concluded that the first one had been sent back to me. At any rate, all was not lost in view of IMA's efficent and friendly customer service personnel and their policy of promptly refunding one's money, no questions asked.
Morris Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2004, 12:21 PM   #6
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Another possibility (besides a defective pattern) for the reason that these reproduction holsters do not accept a Luger is that the leather they are using is prepared in such a way that it shrinks considerably after manufacture and assembly...

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote