LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 07-30-2002, 10:28 AM   #1
JimStanley
User

Post P08 magazine question

Hello:
I need some info on an clip I got for my Luger it seems strange to me so maybe some who knows can explain it
The magazine has no markings of any sort anywhere and no serial number I was told it is origional for a commercial Luger the base is not wood but what I think is Bakolite or what served for plastic long ago it is a light brown colour.
Can anyone give me any info on this clip
Thanks
Jim
JimStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2002, 12:10 PM   #2
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,105 Times in 1,429 Posts
Jim, Hard to say without more information.From the light brown base, Sounds like a Swiss right off. Swiss were a Light brown base but they used a sort of composite base that was not bakalite but layered, sort of like epoxy fabric on the ones I have had that were worn enough to see the layer. The FXO mags were black bakalite with no serial. Is the body nickle? Blued? Are there two pins in the base or one? Short main spring or does it reach from one side of the body to the other? Maybe post a photo?

By the way a clip is actually a charger used in pistols or rifles that accept them to charge the piece with cartridges.It is a small brass or steel rail like affair that holds a string of cartridges. It fits into a slot in the rifle or pistol and the cartridges are shoved into the arm. A magazine is removeable from the piece , loaded seperately and reinserted. Such as the C-96 Mauser. It has an internal non removeable magazine and requires the clip to charge the pistol. Mostly then the clips are discarded on the field of battle. In the case of the M-1 Garand the clip is knocked out and goes singing off into space. Even many magazine fed arms used stripper clips.
Jerry Burney

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2002, 12:26 PM   #3
Hugh
RIP

Arrow

Jim,

If it is a Swiss MAGAZINE it will be bright nickel or chrome plated and have a cursive "P" on the back just above the base. [img]confused.gif[/img]