LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 04-30-2001, 10:55 PM   #1
Tracy

Default Multiple Gun Purchases

For information to all that may not be aware. Dealers now are required to fill out an additional form when more than one gun is purchased, all my previous experiences were that the other guns were put on the same yellow sheet and submitted to ATF. I don't know when the new requirements were initiated but ran into the problem last Saturday when I picked up the K date Luger that Ted had restored and a beautiful piece of work he did. My son from Oregon who had previously expressed no interest decided that he now likes Lugers and when I go he is going as he said to have ALL MY lUGERS MADE PRETTY. Anyhow back to the paperwork issue. I also had a Manurhin PP at the shop so decided to put both items on the same yellow sheet. Since I have a Texas concealed carry permit I don't have to have a Brady done but still must have a yellow sheet prepared. As a result of picking up my own pre owned Luger and the PP I had a seperate multiple sale form sent to the BATF. While no big deal it just seems to be another one of the stupid laws that affect no one except the good guys. I had previously had as many as 8 P38's delivered at one time and they were all submitted on just a Yellow sheet. I was not aware that a new multiple transaction form had been initiated so will now do all future transactions one at a time. Ted felt that he had caused me a hassle when I told him what had happened but the multiple gun sale on one Yellow sheet was my own doing and no fault of his. I just want to let you guys no of the new requirements that our in effect. I don't know what we can do about getting something like this changed but think we should let our representatives know about the record keeping requirements when reclaiming our own weapons.

Unread 04-30-2001, 11:02 PM   #2
ViggoG
RIP

Default Re: Multiple Gun Purchases

I wonder What ever Happend to the

much touted Paper Work Reduction Plan ?????????

Viggo G

Unread 04-30-2001, 11:24 PM   #3
MK

For a long time now it's been required to file a little white card with the FBI on anybody that buys more than 1 pistol in 5 days.

I think it's chaged a little lately but there is still a notification requirement for any single buyer making more than 1 handgun purchase within 5 days of the last handgun purchase.

Mike

Unread 04-30-2001, 11:53 PM   #4
Wombat
User

Yes, it's only for Multiple handgun purchases. If you buy more than one, within 5 days together, the FFL holder has to send a 'multi' record to the BATF. It doesn't mean anything, and I wouldn't worry about it.

It's just to make sure some crack-head doesn't buy 10 Lorcin and Jennings for his 'friends'. That's all it's for.

Since I'm a C&R FFL holder, I have all the forms here just in case I have to sell them.

It's a stupid law, and we're all on the "multi purchase" form somewhere. hehehe

Unread 05-01-2001, 10:14 AM   #5
Tracy

This was no little card it was a full page form. Like you said not worried. However I did pick up a Concealed Carry Permit because I was delayed on every purchase I use to make. Even went through my Senator twice because was not satisfied with first reply to my continuous delayed status and wanted to cause them some additional work in having to respond to each request. ATF finally came back with long BS that my name closely matched someone on one of their lists. I even use to give my SSAN to eliminate any mix up in names but never did made any difference. Now don't have to put up with the call only the paperwork. Having spent 30 years in Military was use to paperwork but does not mean you have to like it.

Unread 05-01-2001, 08:37 PM   #6
Joe Truchard

I too live in Texas and have a hand gun carry permit. I recently bought two rifles from a dealer. He filled out two

identical yellow forms. What I am getting at is I don't

believe these guys know exactly what they should be doing

when they sell multiple guns. I even asked him about the extra paperwork that he was suppose to file. I quote, he

said "thats a bunch of BS". So I think not everyone is following the law correctly. I know when I bought several

rifles at McBrides in Austin a year ago, they filed the

auxilliary paperwork. Just my nickel's worth.

Unread 05-01-2001, 08:52 PM   #7
Tracy

Joe. You from the Austin Area if so give me a holler? Phone number is 444-4729. By the way we have a collectors club in Austin meets the last Tuesday of the month at 7PM Location Lions club building on Justin Lane.

Bob

Unread 05-01-2001, 10:25 PM   #8
MK

Multiple purchase paperwork applies to pistols only.

You can go in a buy 10 long guns and no one cares.

Buy two pistols in five days and you just have to be a subversive.

Mike