LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 03-26-2003, 06:21 PM   #1
Clevix
New User

Post 1938 luger question

Question for anyone:

I have just inherited an 1938 German luger from my father. It's in it's original hostler, and has the original clip which still has the original rounds. All the serial numbers that I can see match with all the other serial numbers. The hostler has the original tool thing that is used to clean the gun (no idea whats it called though). Finally, the gun is in mint condition, and the hostler is in mint to good, it has a few scuff marks on the belt loops from being worn by whichever German soldier wore it.

The question:

How much should I insure it for?
Thanks in advance,
Clevix
Clevix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2003, 07:37 PM   #2
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Hi Clevix,

Welcome to the LugerForum...!

First - picture would be outstanding to try to determine what your's really is. For example - does it have "S/42" or a Mauser Banner? If it is an S/42 - it could be a number of variations (Army or Navy). As well - if it's a "1938" Police Banner - it could be rather rare....

Could you perhaps take a moment and supply some further details about all the proofs you see, toggle marks, whether the magazines have a matching serial numbers, and how they are stamped?? As well as for the holster, and the "tool"...?

A picture is "worth a thousand words", so if you need help posting some, let me know - and I'll try to get you set up. If not, take a moment and describe what you can see as best you can. As a reference, on the left menu (http://www.lugerforum.com) you will see a link called "Technical Information" which may help you identify what you are seeing...

All in all - it sounds like a terrific RIG - CONGRATS!!!
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2003, 08:47 PM   #3
Navy
RIP

Hi Clevix,

As a general rule, insure any generic W.W. II Luger for $2000. It may cost you $20 per year, so what?

Tom A.
Navy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2003, 09:31 PM   #4
kidvett
User

Hello Tom,

Insurance annual fees are really getting interesting when the collection goes to more than 20...30...+++...pistols....

But it's a reality of life...

kidvett
kidvett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2003, 10:24 PM   #5
mm
User

Insurance - I have some questions. What insurers are gun friendly? Does the NRA have a list of providers that are better than others? I look forward to your replies.

MM