LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 05-08-2004, 07:43 PM   #1
Chris Laing
User

Post ERFURT 1913 7.65mm in Holster

I recently inherited holstered luger that was hand carried back from Germany at the end of WWII. It is a 1913 ERFURT 7.65mm with a short barrel( about 4 inches) My novice eyes see "fair" condition. Numbers match except the trigger plate. There is an aluminum based clip and a wood based clip. Here is my question: Is this configuration rare enough to be considered collectable? Or can I take it to a gunsmith, get it checked and cleaned, and use it as "a shooter" and still sleep at night?
Chris Laing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2004, 07:50 PM   #2
policeluger
RIP

If it is in 7.65 and not the original 9MM, then it has be rebarreled and would be in the shooter range and not really a collectable. Mis-matched trigger plate will again decrease the value of the gun. After having it checked by a gun smith, it sounds like a shooter to me.
policeluger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2004, 05:50 PM   #3
Chris Laing
User

Thanks policeluger! Since I could not find any reference to a 7.65mm by ERFURT in 1913, I figured that my research was flawed, or that the barrel had been changed. I am 99% certain that the gun has not been touched since it landed here just after WWII, so I will conclude that the barrel change was made in Germany sometime between 1913 and 1945. That is probably when the trigger plate was replaced. Thanks again.

Another question: How should I go about finding a gunsmith that has knows Lugers (I live in southern California)?
Chris Laing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2004, 07:00 PM   #4
policeluger
RIP

I have sent you a PM....please read it
policeluger is offline   Reply With Quote