LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 03-27-2018, 11:19 AM   #1
calibrator
User

Default Calls For Repeal Of The Second Amendment

A lot of folks I know are totally unaware of current political issues. They rely on corporate media providers for 100% of their news consumption, if they even seek the knowledge at all. Despite your political persuasion, you must admit that the news today is not fair and balanced or is critical of views that support (or don't support) a certain version of the narrative.

The aftermath of this latest mass shooting is different than any of the previous ones in it's intensity and vitriol. Who can deny that the ultimate goal of a large percentage of our politicians, leading a large percentage of the population, seek the end to private ownership of any firearms in the US???

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/27/o...?smid=tw-share

Just as the Hunter doesn't care about calls to ban "Assault Weapons" and "High Capacity Clips", I wonder what most members of this forum think of calls to outright ban (including current possession) or include in the NFA Registry ANY semi-automatic magazine fed firearm. Do you think that collectible firearms from 100 years ago will be exempt??? Is an M1 Carbine NOT an "Assault Weapon" in the eyes of those who loosely use that term as a political weapon???

My reason for this post is to ask members here;

HOW and WHAT are you actually doing to insure that your Second Amendment Rights are NOT lost overnight, or die a "Death of a Thousand Cuts??? Do you belong to the NRA or the GOA??? Do you support, and VOTE for representatives that will protect your interests??? Do you try to inform and educate people you know about the reality of the situation from the perspective of a responsible gun owner???

Those that think an Australian-style confiscation is NOT the ultimate goal of the backers of this new Youth Movement, are not listening to the actual rhetoric of the vocal key players.
The following 17 members says Thank You to calibrator for your post:
Unread 03-27-2018, 01:17 PM   #2
HerrKaiser
User

We have now about 2 generations who take their rights, freedoms, and liberties for granted because it has been at least 2 generations since we have had a national incident or conflict which truly posed a truly significant challenge to our way of life and serve as an American rallying call. Fiercely independent as the American culture and people are, that only left us with an internal battle amongst ourselves and far from bringing out the best of us within peace we have instead used this peace to wage an ideological cold war against ourselves and neighbors. Its sad that after we attained world supremacy we will likely be defeated from within, not conquered from abroad.

Looking for Mauser S/42 toggle train #22
The following 5 members says Thank You to HerrKaiser for your post:
Unread 03-27-2018, 03:21 PM   #3
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,506 Times in 2,080 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrKaiser View Post
We have now about 2 generations who take their rights, freedoms, and liberties for granted because it has been at least 2 generations since we have had a national incident or conflict which truly posed a truly significant challenge to our way of life and serve as an American rallying call. Fiercely independent as the American culture and people are, that only left us with an internal battle amongst ourselves and far from bringing out the best of us within peace we have instead used this peace to wage an ideological cold war against ourselves and neighbors. Its sad that after we attained world supremacy we will likely be defeated from within, not conquered from abroad.
I understand what you are saying, but I would have to disagree as I lived through 9/11 and my son has gone to war in iraq and Afghanistan. during my 10 months in Iraq, I met a 15 yr soldier with 7 one-year deployments and that is not uncommon. I think Iraq and Afghanistan count as fairly major (and which have lasted longer than the Vietnam War).

Although a hell of a lot fewer Americans serve their country than should.

And saying we will be defeated is a bunch of BS, we may stumble, but we aren't close to collapsing or being defeated!
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

The following 5 members says Thank You to Edward Tinker for your post:
Unread 03-27-2018, 03:58 PM   #4
MikeP
User

Another issue is the cessation of the draft.
That was the last thing that connected folks to a sense of national or even societal obligation.

The concept of obligation or duty no longer exists in the population at large.

It's about the world revolving around the individual.

It's not only our failing educational system.
There is a great lacking in our parental structure as well.
The following 5 members says Thank You to MikeP for your post:
Unread 03-27-2018, 04:38 PM   #5
robert6715
User

It is quite unsettling that David Hogg & his generation are the first in the USA to demonstrate & protest to have their rights reduced, although anyone who believes these kids are the ones organizing this kids movement is truly out of touch.

Very trying times, I have no doubt that the end goal is to totally abolish the 2nd amendment.

Rob
The following 3 members says Thank You to robert6715 for your post:
Unread 03-27-2018, 05:16 PM   #6
HerrKaiser
User

I kid you not, I read an opinion article today in the WP written by former SCOTUS associate justice John Paul Stevens saying exactly this (Repeal the Second Amendment) https://a.msn.com/r/2/BBKKZP0?m=en-us

Its sad that people dont realize the way the founding fathers worded the constitution was to explicitly say that the enumerated Bill of Rights was not a list of rights granted to us by the United States government, but rather are natural rights given to us via our very existence as human beings which the government has no legitimate right to infringe upon. Unfortunately since many of them also owned slaves, those who wish to take away these rights have huge amounts of ad-hominem attack ammo. None of their arguments ever address the wordings and legitmate intent of the writing of the constitution, they instead just attack the founding fathers as slave owners or try to claim that natural human rights are dependent on time somehow.

Looking for Mauser S/42 toggle train #22

Last edited by HerrKaiser; 03-27-2018 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Add hyperlink and clarification
The following 2 members says Thank You to HerrKaiser for your post:
Unread 03-27-2018, 05:21 PM   #7
mrerick
Super Moderator - Patron
LugerForum
Life Patron

Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,503 Posts

Hogg and co. can protest, but the actual victims of tyranny tend to be silent.

The US congress with approval from the States has the capability of eliminating the Second Amendment. Never forget this.

We have changed our core system several times and already made mistakes doing it. A mistake in this area probably could not be survived for long. This was the fate of Weimar Germany within five years of their 1928 "gun control" legislation.

The current grabber strategy is "death by 1,000 cuts" and is being accomplished as the new standard of "intermediate scrutiny" of the constitutionality of infringing laws is applied post Heller and MacDonald. "Strict scrutiny" would require the justices to follow the actual words of the constitution and amendments, but that is not the standard being used.

Once the anti-gun minions have worn out that strategy, expect them to morph to different ones.
The following 2 members says Thank You to mrerick for your post:
Unread 03-27-2018, 06:24 PM   #8
calibrator
User

The name David Hogg may not be known to many on this Forum.

Some here may not be aware of the NRA spokesman named Colion Noir. If you have not heard him speak, you WILL enjoy this following clip of him in action;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV_Jz3-BfdQ

Look at some of the links also posted on this link for perspective.

If you want a laugh courtesy of a schoolmate of Hogg's;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxSGTBQUoB4

Those States that have passed laws raising the age to legally buy a Long Gun from 18 to 21 since the shooting have had the rebound affect of causing 18-20 year olds to flock to the NRA and others with memberships and donations;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldhl2-Qqiwk

Maybe the Tide Pod Eaters generation is NOT as lost as they may seem based on the Nightly News. If you don't know what Tide Pod Eaters are, you'll have to GOOGLE that one on your own.
The following 4 members says Thank You to calibrator for your post:
Unread 03-27-2018, 07:17 PM   #9
Eugen
User

Unhappy

I am so concerned that this country has lost it way and is heading in the wrong direction. The culture and moral compass is slowly disintegrating, I fear. So sad. Our parents and grand parents would never accept this status quo and what the millenials claim is "progress". We need to be strong and fight this decline.
The following 4 members says Thank You to Eugen for your post:
Unread 03-27-2018, 08:32 PM   #10
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,133 Times in 2,173 Posts

I love you all although we might disagree on some matters. I feel safe that our group is always there to exchange and often debate our passion. God Bless and pass on our common interest to all! A safe place for Our Luger Family! An outlet of us all!! That is always welcomed by all~It seems so many have lost their manners~ My true love to you all! Eric
Unread 03-27-2018, 08:37 PM   #11
Wilhelm
User

I just keep on buying arms and ammunition. I am not a violent man and I would never raise my fist against another unless forced to. But I'll be silently waiting at Lexington when the British come a marchin'.
Unread 03-27-2018, 09:01 PM   #12
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,101 Times in 1,427 Posts

We have met the enemy...and he is us.

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
The following 3 members says Thank You to lugerholsterrepair for your post:
Unread 03-27-2018, 09:14 PM   #13
George Anderson
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,527 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugerholsterrepair View Post
we have met the enemy...and he is us.
pogo
The following 2 members says Thank You to George Anderson for your post:
Unread 03-27-2018, 09:59 PM   #14
Eugen
User

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugerholsterrepair View Post
We have met the enemy...and he is us.
So true, Jerry. With the USAs morale decay, we need to be more concerned about our self destruction than from foreign enemies that would harm us.
The following member says Thank You to Eugen for your post:
Unread 03-27-2018, 11:56 PM   #15
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,101 Times in 1,427 Posts

Mr. Common Sense died an the Mrs. our humanity is feeling very ill. The USA is a fragile Republic, ours to hold on to..as long as we can. The 2nd is only one of the bill of rights that makes this great country unique in all the World. To think we should let ignorant school children give away rights so many have bled and died for because a schoolchild they bullied went insane and killed some, is insane in itself and a knee jerk reaction. Personally I swore an oath to the Constitution. To defend it against all enemy's both foreign and domestic. These people could be setting us up for a 2nd revolution and civil war.

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
The following 5 members says Thank You to lugerholsterrepair for your post:
Unread 03-28-2018, 07:44 AM   #16
Major Tom
User

Moral decline of our society started when a few obnoxious people pushed for and acheived taking away parental rights. Taking away prayer and pledge of allegence in schools was wrong.
Unread 03-28-2018, 09:03 AM   #17
Pistol
User

What do you expect when the last great "Commander in Chief", or "divider in chief" appointed a converted muslim to direct the CIA, who just so happened to vote for the communist candidate in the 1980 election. The old peanut farmer from Ga was even too conservative for him. Then this former CIA director is part of the group trying to take down our current president.

Then 44 had his right hand man, or woman, Val, who admitted that her agenda was to further Iran. The millions oblamo sent them are now, or will be, used against us and our allies. Just look at the recent missiles shot into Saudi Arabia .
Unread 03-28-2018, 09:22 AM   #18
tudorbug
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

I donate persistently in response to the NRA's equally persistent needs for more income. I don't know if the NRA will be able to save us in the end. My donations to NRA-IL, NRA-PV Fund and the NRA may amount to $600 a year in $50 increments and I know that is nowhere near a meaningful help at all.

David
Unread 03-28-2018, 10:01 AM   #19
mrerick
Super Moderator - Patron
LugerForum
Life Patron

Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,503 Posts

Many here may not know it, but I am one of the directors of our state's gun rights organization, Grass Roots North Carolina.

I generally keep my political activity out of our forum, but since we've been discussing things here, I'll share my BLOG with the membership:

https://skilledshot.wordpress.com/

As an organization, we have helped write and establish the NC Concealed Carry Handgun permit system back in the 1990's, and have helped write and pass three major gun rights improvements since 2011. H650 gave us Castle Doctrine, H937 in 2013 and H562 in 2015 both implemented a large number of changes.

Understand that much of what the anti-gun people are doing today is based upon manipulation of impressionable young people, a huge injection of money (many millions last weekend) and the collusion of a mainstream media that is carrying out a propaganda fueled agenda.

For example, in 2016 one of the grabber's own progressive "research" organizations funded by Bloomberg, Johns Hopkins University, published a study that was widely acknowledged by the medical community. In it they calculated that 250,000 annual deaths are caused by medical error and physician negligence, and they advised changing the way death certificates are coded as a result.

According to digital analysis that actually counted people in photographs, there were 202,000 plus or minus 15% attending the Washington gun grabber rally.

It's not in the media's interest to go against the gun grabbers and publish truth like that. Instead they just repeat "Parkland school victims" and "victims of gun violence" over and over again. Many more people are actually dying because of the medical profession. Of course the doctors "mean well", don't they, and the gun grabbers are working "for the children"...

This means that those students are thousands of times more at risk going to the doctor than in going to school, and that the equivalent of every one of the Washington marchers will be dead within one year due to medical errors and negligence.

Furthermore, the "Rapper" that sang to the marchers was arrested a year ago for a concealed carry gun violation. The organizers refused to let a Parkland student "survivor" speak because he disagrees with them, and their chief spokesman "victim" was elsewhere far from the actual scene when he was victimized by "hearing the shots".

The stories of lies, deceit, manipulation, and press propaganda go on and on... Unfortunately perceptions are reality, and they are winning the "popularity" war - at least if you listen to the press and some Republican politicians that are apparently running scared.

I know that they appear to be dragging their feet in the North Carolina legislature's super majority Republican house and senate.
The following 2 members says Thank You to mrerick for your post:
Unread 03-28-2018, 10:31 AM   #20
tudorbug
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

I am grateful to see the access to the blog. Previously, I have had no idea where to go to obtain reliable information.

David
The following member says Thank You to tudorbug for your post:
Closed Thread