LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 10-02-2017, 04:31 PM   #1
Sky Zero
User

Default Artillery unit question

So, I'm in the process of purchasing A 1911 unit marked pistol from abother member here. Since I haven't picked it up yet, I'll refrain from posting the photo, but I'm curious what anyone knows about this imperial unit during the first world war. The grip strap is marked 8.A.F.1.2, woth the 1 being big and the 2 being small. I believe, from Jans book, that this is the 8th regiment Fussartillerie battery 1 weapon number 2.

Anyway, I'm getting confused when I look around on the internet for history of this regiment and battery, but what I think I understand is that they're base was Metz and they were in some form of fighting at verdun and somme.

Does anyone else have some information handy about this unit? I found a German Wikipedia article I translated into English, and I believe it's the unit as described. I could be wrong

https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhei...Regiment_Nr._8

I believe the first one listed under the ww1 section is the unit my future pistol was assigned to (see picture)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171002-163004.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	68978  

Sky Zero is offline   Reply With Quote