LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Repairs, Restoration & Refinishing

Unread 04-21-2016, 04:20 PM   #1
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,583 Times in 989 Posts
Default Numrich drum news!

Hello to all! Well, I had said earlier, that I would let you all know when revised drums will be offered by Numrich and earlier today, I have just received news that the first five drums have been received, (second five revised drums also shipped!) and third 5 drums, will be sent out by early next week...
The GT revised drums will be offered for sale same as previous drums, only difference now is the GT drums will be first out the door when order comes in..All GT revised units go to the front of the line, with, as I requested, little to no fan fair until we have a decent number to offer to all who want to play!........ so, that's how it is for now.... more to come!... Thanks and best to all, til...lat'r....GT......
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 3 members says Thank You to G.T. for your post:
Unread 04-21-2016, 09:08 PM   #2
DonVoigt
User

Thanked 4,348 Times in 2,038 Posts

GT,
Good News!
Does that mean that the "improved GT model" will be the same $399 price with the loader?

IF so, a real deal!

If I didn't have 2, I'd buy one for sure!
Unread 04-21-2016, 09:25 PM   #3
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Default Drum revision

I think so? Some-one is going to have to take the plunge and see, but I believe they want to keep it affordable and at the same price, despite the repair expenditure to me...... I'm only making one change at this point and that is a second internal polishing you and I discussed earlier.... Just trying to make them as slippery as possible as you well know, friction in NOT our friend!....... Best to all, til....lat'r.....GT
BTW, The loader is revised as well for better and more positive contact, and then, if desired, the strut will be special order from G.T. Specialties as well....
The following member says Thank You to G.T. for your post:
Unread 04-27-2016, 03:45 PM   #4
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,506 Times in 2,080 Posts

Received a drum today, straight from ordering from Numrich - It came with a #2 on it and the loader, and a sticker which I assume was put there by GT. Price was $469 shipped

It also has the GT circle

Ed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160427_153650_HDR_resized.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	58481  

Name:	20160427_153653_resized.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	58482  

Name:	20160427_153621_resized.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	58483  

Name:	20160427_153609_resized.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	58484  

Name:	20160427_153726_resized.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	58485  

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 12 members says Thank You to Edward Tinker for your post:
Unread 04-27-2016, 05:04 PM   #5
DonVoigt
User

Ed,
better lay in a supply of ammo, those drums are addicting! Firing them that is.
The following 2 members says Thank You to DonVoigt for your post:
Unread 04-27-2016, 07:28 PM   #6
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Default It's alive!

Hi Ed, Don, and all! Well, at least it fits! So, we are ahead of the game already!!!! ........ The first ten, one of which you now have Ed, has every improvement both Don and I can think of! But, when we reassembled after re black oxide finishing, we didn't re-polish the inside? (Pre black oxide acid bath causes a little drag?)So, if you want 100% you might have to lock the main spring at full tight, take the cross bolt and cover screw out (not the one on the winding lever!!!!) and polish every where the bullet touches with 320 Wet or Dry? And then re-lube!.... You can certainly try it as is, but better when polished... all drums from number 11 on have this done in-house, no matter how much extra labor.......... You'll have to get used to doing this anyway, to lube the drum if your going to get serious about shooting it.... Thanks for taking the first step on these Ed, If you have any issues at all, I'm just an email away! (Actually, that applies for all who receive a GT marked drum!) .... Best to all, til...lat'r....GT...
The following member says Thank You to G.T. for your post:
Unread 05-01-2016, 06:05 AM   #7
Eugen
User

Thumbs up

No doubt these will sell fast. Golly, so many cool things to buy ...and so little money.
Eugen is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Eugen for your post:
Unread 05-01-2016, 09:55 AM   #8
DonVoigt
User

Hi Guys,
I fired my GT rework drum again this week. Tried PPU 9mm and my Bulgarian '08 shooter- and I'm happy to report both worked fine with my drum.

No problems with firing at all, the mag is a little tight in the mag well. We have noticed this, especially in my earlier pistols, the mag well is minimal. So if you get one you may have to find the high spots that rub(usually a mark in the blue) and do some minor filing and polishing, and then touch up. Mine fits fine in other shooters, so it is drum and pistol combination specific.

Brough it home, opened up the drum and gave it a good clean; then relubed with teflon lube.
Dupont makes a good one you can probably find locally or online; or use one of the "gun lubes" like triflow, or the good old surplus LSA. The generic teflon lube is cheaper than the products promoted for gun use.

Drum is all loaded and ready for another round on Tuesday.

Oh, I did have to buy another case of 9mm last week, on sale for $11 box out the door for WWB.

No, I don't reload; not enough time! I do save as much brass as I can find, so if one of you guys who does reload wants some couple hundred of rounds of once fired brass in boxes, you can have it for the cost of shipping. PM me. I can usually recover only 50-60% as I'm shooting in a field and some how the brass misses my 8'x8' catch cloth!
The following member says Thank You to DonVoigt for your post:
Unread 05-01-2016, 10:29 AM   #9
TheRomanhistorian
User

Wow, now I need one for my Artillery Luger! Better save my pennies but with GT working on them they're worth it!

Michael

Nos morituri te salutant - Supposed saying of the gladiators to the emperor ('We, who are about to die, salute you.')

'We are the lantern bearers, my friend; for us to keep something burning, to carry what light we can forward into the darkness and the wind' - From Rosemary Sutcliff's The Lantern Bearers
TheRomanhistorian is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to TheRomanhistorian for your post: