LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 04-10-2002, 10:15 PM   #1
Evgeni Krumov

Default Warm greetings from Bulgaria

Dear MR,

I'm really sorry for my bad English!

I'm from Bulgaria,you know may be how mutch interesting Lugers have here.So my question is-can I ask you about prices for my things here,becouse I can not send guns to USA it's impossible.I'm 21 years old and I'm the best dealer here in Bulgaria of guns.I have 3 collectors of guns here and I gived for a prices that say me this callectors.The question is can I ask you about prices of my thing before show the guns of my friens?I know it that I can not whant the prices like in USA,but half is good to my really.

Best regards:Evgeni Krumov

Unread 04-10-2002, 10:47 PM   #2
66mustang

Default Re: Warm greetings from Bulgaria

Hello Evgeni, I sent you a quick e-mail, but it is nice to hear from your part of the world.

Bulgarian Lugers are considered a rare gun in America.

Lugers with matching parts that have not be re-blued are much more valuable than ones that have been re-finished.

There are several gun sites on the links to your left where you could see current gun prices on Lugers, but I am sure if you asked and had pictures, people would venture prices for your guns / Lugers?

Ed

Unread 04-10-2002, 11:56 PM   #3
mlm

Default Re: Warm greetings from Bulgaria

The Bulgarian lugers in the US tend to be very well worn. Recently, a number of Bulgarian lugers were imported into the US that were in a supply of lugers captured by the Russians in WW2. They had 9mm barrels put on them by the Germans and were refinished many times. If you have original Bulgarian lugers that are not refinished and have the original parts, they would be worth $1500US or more for better condition pistols. The early version (called Model 1900 here in the US) is worth much more.

Regular military issue German P08 lugers are worth about $400 in well-worn condition with replaced parts. If in excellent condition with original parts they go for $900 or more.

Holsters, magazines, loading tools are also worth money if you can locate them and they are easy to send to the US.

I hope that is helpful

Dave

Unread 04-11-2002, 05:17 AM   #4
Big Norm
RIP

Default Re: Warm greetings from America

Greetings Evgeni! Glad to hear from you. Come here more often. The more you use English, the better you will become. If people on this website use words that you don't understand, don't be afraid to ask for clarification. The more you visit us the more you will understand.

The advise that you received earlier was good. The closer you get to new condition the more collectors will value your Lugers. The condition of the Luger is everything to a collector. If you are a young man, then do not be in a hurry to sell your Lugers. It will take time to understand the value of your Lugers. There is a lot to learn. There are many different varieties of Lugers (550 by some estimates). There are an equally large number of different prices depending on many different factors. Collectors in America have studied these guns for years and have still made expensive mistakes. This website is an excellent tool for you to begin your education. Read it often.

The first lesson that I would like to explain to you is that there are different types of people on this forum. Many of them are very intelligent. First there are the collectors. These people want many, excellent, original condition Lugers. Then there are the people who want one or more Lugers that look nice and shoot good. But their Lugers don't have to be in excellent condition. And then there are the people who just want one nice Luger to shoot once in a while. Sometimes we disagree. But we all love Lugers.

Again, welcome to this forum.

Big Norm