LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 09-11-2014, 05:14 AM   #1
Sergio Natali
User

Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,007 Posts
Default 11th September 2001

I know it hasn' much to do wih our beloved LUGER pistols, but I thought it was right to remember that day.

Sergio
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1618189_10152223194996296_1599965135870958455_o.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	43217  

Unread 09-11-2014, 09:50 AM   #2
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

I was providing Information System Security consulting services to the U.S. Customs Service at the time...

I had worked late the night before, and didn't have a meeting scheduled that morning until 10:30. So I had slept in, and planned to arrive at my office around 10AM.

I was home finishing my coffee when the news flashes and video told of the New York events. I was in shock, then very angry, not even knowing who was responsible. Got in the car to drive to my office, which at that time it was just across the Route 28 highway from Dulles Airport.

Then the radio news flash about the flight hitting the Pentagon... I raced the last couple of miles. By the time I got into my office, they were dismissing us and sending us home. I called my wife to make sure she knew I had not gone to the Pentagon that day... and that I was safe... then I called my brother in Philadelphia on my way home. The last thing I told him was that life as we had known it was over.... it will never be the same again. I don't believe I have ever spoken truer words.

My company had people working at Pentagon... we would learn in the next days that we had lost one employee. I prayed for his family... I had not known him personally... but it could just as easily have been me.

Days later I would find out that my dear friends daughter, who had grown up with my children was at the Pentagon that day, working within the Office of the Secretary of Defense. She was engaged to a young Navy Ensign. They had planned to meet for a coffee break in the cafeteria shortly after 9AM. But when the towers were hit in New York, she was called into the Secretary's office and had to tell her fiance that she couldn't make their date. So he stayed at his desk. He was killed on the impact of the airplane. She has never been the same. None of us ever will be.

Thank you Sergio... your gesture shows just how much these events touched the whole world... and not just the USA.

We remember... and we will Never forget.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to John Sabato for your post:
Unread 09-11-2014, 10:16 AM   #3
Sergio Natali
User

Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,007 Posts

We all remember where we were that day, here in Italy it was already afternoon, I was at work, in my office I was talking with a customer about a loan she was going to ask for, then all of a sudden a colleague from anoher branch rang me telling me that the WWIII had started...

From that very moment the world wasn't the same anymore.

Sergio