LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 03-28-2002, 11:11 PM   #1
Wm. "Pete" Ebbink

Default Begineer's Luger Disassembly/Re-Assembly...

Well, after practicing with my shooter 1970's Mauser-Interarms luger for a few weeks, finally rounded up enough nerve to take my newly purchased 06/24 Swiss W+F Bern apart for a good but gentle cleaning.

Took it down to the point of removing the firing pin; no more.

Start to finish was about 30-40 minutes, giving all parts a good dose of Breakfree CLP. I did not want to rush...

It is amazing how well-machined a luger made nearly 75 years ago can be (my pistol # 259xx was made in 1927) and how easily the parts fit each other...200% better than my 1970's era luger, which is certainly good on its own merits.

Will have an Arty and a Black Widow in a few weeks. I simply cannot wait...

Unread 03-29-2002, 07:20 PM   #2
R. Grady/Roadkill

Default Re: Begineer's Luger Disassembly/Re-Assembly...

I'm new to Lugers also but not to guns, Lugers surprised me also. I've definitely dealt with more difficult guns. I've got a non spectacular Erfurt 1918 and it is also very well made. Tolerances are very tight. Sounds like you are getting some very nice guns. Yeah, I'm envious.

Roadkill

Unread 03-29-2002, 07:26 PM   #3
Thor
User

Try putting a LAHTI back together, first time took me 6 hours, sear and hammer strut assembly were a MUTHER! This was one of the toughest and COOLEST guns I have ever worked on! NICE shooter too! Thor

Unread 03-29-2002, 07:36 PM   #4
R. Grady/Roadkill

Come on Thor, you just want to make it sound hard. What you do is much more complicated than 99% of what the rest of us do. I've never tried a Lahti but I'd like to shoot one. There are a lot of parts to a P38 though. I ve got around 35 military guns that I shoot and don't have to drag out the Small Arms of the World too often except for a M-1 Garand. There are a lot of small parts to that too. I just picked up a MKVI Webley, short a few parts I ordered last week. Can't wait to try it out.

Roadkill

Unread 03-29-2002, 07:48 PM   #5
Thor
User

P38s are a dream to put back together, some writer somewhere said a Lahti is virtually IMPOSSIBLE to put back together without special tools.....now they tell me. You have a multitude of parts that have to go inside, AT THE SAME TIME,that little sucker at different angles and you can't see them because they are inside frame partitions covered by a big plate They are also spring loaded, not fun! I can do Lugers, P38s and PPKs with ease! That Lahti, was cool to shoot though, my wife almost made me buy one cause he enjoyed shooting it so much! Now.....THAT"S A GREAT WIFE! I am truly blessed! Happy EASTER to all! ~~THOR~~

Unread 03-29-2002, 08:06 PM   #6
Russ
User

thor you need to read your last post on this thred, before your wife does

Unread 03-29-2002, 09:52 PM   #7
Thor
User

so I dropped an S, just catch, I caint spell, but

I love my wife and her is a her or a she or as I call her ......Misses Thor

Unread 03-30-2002, 10:12 AM   #8
tom h

Default Re: Schmeisser 25 pistol

Thor, Don't ever agree to refinish one of these. Without guide pins and three hand the safety/mag release mechanism is virtually impossible to put back together. Tom h.