LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 03-02-2002, 08:25 AM   #1
John W Hogan

Default Gunshow

Headed to gunshow in Seabrook NH today, Wish I was going to Arizona but maybe next year..I shall report any luger sightings tomorrow..

Unread 03-02-2002, 12:21 PM   #2
BILL
User

Default Re: Gunshow

I am going to a gunshow this afternoon..going to be checking out the Shattuck collection for the first time. I have been reading his lists for over 20 years, have purchased items from him years ago, and now am finally going to get to actually see his Lugers. We have split into two groups to accomodate all of the Lugerforum folks who have showed up from all over the country (and even Bermuda). Last night we saw an elaborate P.38 collection (most extensive I have seen in my entire life) and some mighty fine Lugers, grips, clips, restorations, food, drinks (and more food). What a great group of people. I am sure there will be many pics posted here in the next few days. It's not too early to start planning for the next 'Lugerfest'. Is there another such event in the U.S.(that is specific to Lugers?). Very possibly this is it, right here. Expect to read more about this event since not too many of us are at their computers right now. It has been recommended that any participants wear white cotton gloves when handling the pistols..last night it was suggested that bibs would also be appropriate.

Unread 03-03-2002, 09:06 AM   #3
John W Hogan

Default Re: Gunshow

Well, I went to the gunshow and not a luger to be seen..did manage to trade a Winchester sight for a box of old ammo. Kept thinking of the boys at Ralphs, wishing I was there...