LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Commercial Lugers

Unread 06-29-2009, 12:51 PM   #1
joel5150
New User

Default Once again your expertise is requested

I am new to this forum but have been fascinated with the Luger, ever since my father first showed it to me some 30 years ago. I only know it was his uncles. I received it last year after my father passed and just recently started researching its origin.

I have what I believe is a DMW 1920 Commercial P08 Luger. 7.65mm/.30 Caliber.
Serial number is 656K and is matching with the 56 on all the parts. The â??Crown Nâ?? Nitro stamp appears below the serial on the barrel and also on the right side of the gun behind the barrel. There is no Germany stamp, which I believe means it was sold in Germany only and not an export. I just want to know if my research is correct and also what the gun might be valued at. Thank you in advance for any information you post.

Cheers

Joel

joel5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2009, 01:20 PM   #2
DavidJayUden
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 1,414 Times in 887 Posts

It is a very nice looking Luger/heirloom. From what I can tell your research is spot on.
Best to look at completed searches on Gunbroker to see what they are selling for at any particular point in time. Now is not a good time to be selling any collecter firearms IMHO.
Welcome, and enjoy!
DJU
DavidJayUden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2009, 01:02 AM   #3
MFC
User

Joel,
You have a beautiful well cared for Luger that you can be proud of. S#656k was made in early 1922 . Most people know it as a 1920 commercial (it's hard to break old habits). The most recent and more correct designation is DWM Alphabet Commercial... Jan Still's Weimar Lugers.