LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 07-04-2008, 09:37 PM   #1
alamar
User

Default Luger with grip safety

Not sure where to post this.

I was at a recent gun show and ran across a Luger with a grip safety. Not being a huge Luger collector, (but lately, I have been moving in this direction...i gots the fever!!!), I wasn't sure what to make of this particular Luger. I also only had a about 20 seconds to look at it, and the seller's English wasn't too good, so I wasn't ablre to get much info from him, other than "German, German".

What are the possible customers/contracts that would have purchased Lugers with grip safeties? How many in total. i.e in the hundreds or tens of thousands? i am going ot have another look at it at the next show (hopefully it will still be there). IIRC dcorrectly, I think it had a 6 inch barrel, but not sure.

What is the ballpark $ for these types. I do realize you need more info/pics etc, but just looking for a starting point on price.

Thanks in advance.
alamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2008, 12:17 AM   #2
MFC
User

Al,
There are over 30 different variations with grip safeties. If you add the extremely rare ones to that, it's over 40. Most of these had 4 3/4" 30 cal. barrels. Fewer had 4" 9mm barrels and fewer still, maybe 3 different variations... (Navies) had 6" 9mm barrels, and have a 2 position adjustable rear sight.
That's a pretty big ballpark. We definitely need more info to help you.
Mike C.
Unread 07-05-2008, 12:21 AM   #3
Dwight Gruber
User

Thanked 1,288 Times in 426 Posts

Many more than a hundred-thousand; Commercial, German Military, foreign Military contract; more than 30 recognized variations in 9mm and .30 Luger; ranging from relatively common to fabulously rare; depending on condition and rarity, anywhere from $1,000 to as many of five figures that you may be willing--or able--to pay.

Good luck with this one, we'll be interested to know more details once you have them, and be able to give you a much better answer to your questions.

--Dwight
Dwight Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2008, 08:13 AM   #4
alamar
User

Thanks guys.

The next show is the 2nd week of August. I will get more info and hopefully the fellow will let me take a pic. He wanted to $2000 for it.
alamar is offline   Reply With Quote