LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 12-08-2007, 11:28 PM   #1

Default Ft. Myers Gun Show

I went to the Fort Myers show today for the first time in a few years. Lots of guns, big prices. Probably about 500 tables. Saw 3 Lugers? Two were over $3000, not in my league--don't know what they were. The third was a Erma .22 and the seller evidently thought it was a real Luger. He wanted $1050 for it. Unbelievable, couldn't waste my time educating him. Saw a great series 70 Gold Cup for $950 and lots of Nighthawk and Brown 1911s. Lots of P-38s, but again not my cup of tea. Scored some Black Hills ammo and a Galco J frame holster.
Unread 12-10-2007, 02:42 PM   #2
davidkachel
User

Gun shows are like that. Sometimes you walk away with only a trinket you probably wouldn't even have bought otherwise and other times you walk out with prizes you never thought you'd find. Guess that's what makes them so much fun.
One of the best deals I ever got at a show was when I thought I was just trading a white elephant for a gray one I could sell a bit more easily. That grey elephant is now one of the last guns I would ever consider selling and worth nearly double what I thought it was at the time.
There's nothing better than a gun show with a pocket full of cash!