LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Repairs, Restoration & Refinishing

Unread 07-21-2007, 08:41 PM   #1
RylanBrissette
User

Exclamation Help Luger Mag Isn't Feeding!

Hi guys. I recently bought my first Non-Third Reich era mag for cheaper. It turns out that was a bad idea.. It doesn't feed for $#!T.. It is getting the best of me. When I fill it up, and by hand start pushing the rounds off there is no spring tension.. When pushing down on the spring by hand it seems like my others.. Good tension. but when I fill it up and strip the rounds off by hand there is an empty space where the last round was. I have to tap it hard for it to push the next round up. This happens almost every round.

My second problem I do not own any "Brass Drifts" to disasemble the magazine and clean it. I have heard that is a good idea before complaining about it. Where should I buy tools for working on firearms? Like drifts, those "Hexagon shaped allen wrenchs) and stuff like that. I am not knowledgable about the tools I should be useing. Some help would be great. Also what store would I go to, to buy them?

Thanks for the help guys.
RylanBrissette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2007, 08:59 PM   #2
LugerVern
User

Brownells for tools and supplies

http://www.brownells.com/

The Mag sticking sounds like it is bent near the top, and the follower is hanging up. If no dent is present could be just squished a little at the top and easily fixed.

Good old dirt & harden grease could also be a problem, spray gun solvent to dissolve that possibility first. Follow this a good lubricant, I like WD40 but this is not the place for it, as it deadens primers, go with some other quality brand.

There use to be blanks available to straighten Mags but I havenâ??t seen one in a while, maybe some one can help you in your area.

Good Luck

Vern
LugerVern is offline   Reply With Quote