LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 07-19-2007, 04:53 PM   #1
Quentin
User

Default 1948 Anti Gun bonus feature on Command Decision DVD

I just got the newly released DVD of one of my favorite WWII movies, Command Decision staring Clark Gable. A bonus feature is the short film Souvenirs Of Death, which illustrates how deadly bring back souvenirs are if children and criminals gain access to them.

The pistol itself (a Mauser but not a Luger) narrates, telling the story of its owners from a dead German soldier on the battlefield, the liberating GI, his son who takes the gun out to play, on to a bad guy who kills again with it. The narration is the most irritating part for me as it makes the gun out to be evil.

But really kind of interesting since it's such an old production with a few very familiar faces, however you'd expect this viewpoint from today not so soon after the war!

Anyway, worth a look as you can't too angry since the underlying point is that any gun must be stored safely - and the main feature is such a terrific movie! Great DVD. It didn't hurt to see a beautiful young Barbara Billingsley either!

Also interesting that Fred A. Datig played a minor role in Command Decision (uncredited).
Quentin is offline   Reply With Quote