LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 03-21-2007, 01:44 PM   #1
Navy
RIP

Default The Great Question

Subject: Grand Question From A USMC aviator
Dearest friends,

I am writing to you to ask for your help in shedding light on a perplexing situation I find myself contemplating. I have selected you as a group to aid me because you have known me for many years and I value your opinion. Your religious experiences are varied and that is important to the problem I am faced with.

Over the years, we have all observed the seemingly random factors that affect all of our lives, sometimes without apparent rhyme or reason. We have seen some marriages dissolve over nothing and others grow stronger under adverse conditions. We have seen fate play a role in who survives critical illnesses and who succumbs to them. We have all seen good people suffer great misfortunes while some people of low character thrive. In our lifetime, we have seen churches and religious institutions all around the world become revised, televised, energized and even scandalized. We are all well aware that a higher power has control of nearly all things.

Personally, I have stood in the doorway of a 7/11 in Atlanta, amid a shootout between the police and a gunman and walked away unscathed. On a golf course, I saw a lightning bolt strike a man dead while those of us nearby where untouched. We all watched as Hurricane Katrina ravaged some areas of the coast and left other nearby homes standing intact. The enormity of these random and seemingly unfair applications of good or bad fortune is at the core of my dilemma.

I have flown over the heaviest defended area of the world and emerged unscathed - missed as tracers crossed over my canopy.

I have studied sacred writings of all major religions searching for an answer and now I pose this to you. I cannot fathom that the highest power in this universe could take Anna Nicole from us and leave Hillary behind.
Navy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2007, 01:56 PM   #2
wlyon
Lifer 2X
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,531 Times in 943 Posts

Tom; That will require some serious thought. I wish you had not brought this up because I will not rest until I have the answer.., Very good Tom . Pondering in Montana. Bill
Unread 03-21-2007, 03:31 PM   #3
pipeman45
User

This is too easy.

If you were the all powerful,

would you want Hillary up there with you???
Unread 03-21-2007, 03:53 PM   #4
c3006
User

What pipeman said
Unread 03-21-2007, 08:16 PM   #5
stefanosg
User

Quote:
Originally posted by pipeman45
This is too easy.
If you were the all powerful,
would you want Hillary up there with you???
Up there? Surely you jest.
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. "
Unread 03-21-2007, 10:41 PM   #6
Hugh
RIP

She had to stay on earth because God don't want her and the devil don't want her!
Unread 03-21-2007, 11:18 PM   #7
davidkachel
User

Or... the Almighty has a somewhat twisted sense of humor!
Unread 03-22-2007, 04:01 AM   #8
Roadkill
User

Anna Nicole had ruined all the men's lives she could. But it was the men's fault. Her purpose on earth was done. Hillary so far has made just one man's life truly miserable. She has only just begun. Anna Nicole was human. She was never able to realize who she had become or why. Hillary is a reicarnation of Hitler to whom fate happened to put in a parody of a female character. There is nothing feminine about her as everything was feminine about Anna Nicole. Hillary is as sexless as my neutered ugly dog.
She will use America, what's left of it anyway, the same way she uses her useless neutered husband.
Roadkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2007, 06:13 AM   #9
Navy
RIP

RK,

Long time no see...good to know you, your lovely wife and ugly dog are still kicking on the banks of the mighty Tennessee river.

Tom A
Unread 03-22-2007, 07:26 AM   #10
davidkachel
User

Cold Roadkill, cold! <grin>
Unread 03-22-2007, 07:26 AM   #11
davidkachel
User

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom A
RK,

Long time no see...good to know you, your lovely wife and ugly dog are still kicking on the banks of the mighty Tennessee river.

Tom A
That's odd, I have a lovely dog and a... well, never mind.
Unread 03-22-2007, 05:55 PM   #12
Roadkill
User

Same to you Tom. Its been pretty rough lately. I've had a toothache that would drop a horse, those C rations from 69 finally broke loose and my hemmrohoids are killing me, that was bad enough then my 87 year old Dad called me to get rid of the feral cats in his barn. So throbbning at both ends
drove over with a .22, killed two, hit the third and it ran into the barn. I couldn't find him. So I drove back home, got JD (big ugly hound), name used to be GD until wife found out what it meant, went back over and he went after the cat, it got into the loft. So I hauled his 100lb ass up the ladder, he went crazy, found the cat, had a big fight, cat nearly took his eye out. Cat is dead, I haul JD to the vet, pay $75 to get him sewed up, ask vet if for that price he'd sew up my hemmorhoids, no sense of humor, went home and got in a big fight with wife cause dog got messed up. Told her next time I'd drag her fat butt up the ladder and she could find the cat. Yeah, that went over well. So my head hurts, my ass is killing me, JD is probably blind in one eye, and wife is furious. So what's up with you?
Unread 03-22-2007, 08:29 PM   #13
DaveinTN
User

Roadkill,

Sorry about you getting your dog tore up by the cat, but you didn't mention what the dog's new name, "JD" meant.... I can imagine why Mrs. Roadkill got upset about the "GD," but what made "JD" acceptable?

Please let us know.... we're sitting on the edges of our seats (at least I am) waiting to find out.

Nice to learn you're in the Volunteer State.

Dave in TN.

PS: My deepest condolences regarding your "rhoids..."
DaveinTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2007, 05:39 AM   #14
Navy
RIP

RK,

I'm doin' just fine, thank you very much. Collection has grown with the addition of some exotic pieces and am startring to accumulate C&R speed guns...so far an MP 40, Lanchester Mk 1 and a Reising M55. In the sights are a Lewis in 30-06 and a Beretta 38/40.

Tom A
Unread 03-23-2007, 06:30 AM   #15
Roadkill
User

And I'm thinking about busting loose wide open and getting a new 30-30.
How the other half lives......

JD means Jeb Drooly. This hound slobbers a pint at a time. GD stood for, well. Not nice.
Unread 03-23-2007, 07:32 AM   #16
Ron Smith
User

RK,

I had an Aunt by marriage(from Texas) who's brothers name was Garland Delmar. He had a speech impediment when he was small. With a bit of imagination and adding a Texas accent. You can determine how he responded when someone would ask him what his name was. He answered to "Del" for most of his life.

Hope JD doesn't walk in circles from now on....
I Still Need DWM side plate #49... if anyone runs across a nice one.

What ~Rudyard Kipling~ said...
Ron Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2007, 08:04 AM   #17
davidkachel
User

Tom,

I may have a line on a Lewis gun for you.
Contact me off-forum.
dkphoto@techguy.net