LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 08-15-2001, 10:36 AM   #1
S. Allen

Default ? about repro P-08 Holster

hey guys,

A company called International Military Antiques (funny, if its a repro...it isn't antique, but anyway...) is selling what looks like a good reproduction of the WWII P-08 holster in black leather with white stitching for around 35 dollars.

Has anyone actually seen or examined one of these? Is it quality leather, or thin and poorly made?

I was just wondering, because I wanted a decent representative holster for my VOPO P-08 but you know how some things look great in photos and can be completely different when you actually have it in had.

Any expereices with this company? Is there a better alternative for the money? It looks like a good product and the price is definately right.

Thanks!

-SA

Unread 08-15-2001, 11:28 AM   #2
tom h

Default Re: IMA repro PO8 holsters

These are probably the least expensive repros currently on the market. They are thicker leather than the original and VERY stiff, which makes getting your luger in & out difficult. Most likely made in China from Water buffalo hide. IMA normally with date and Waffenamp these (which doesn't look at all original) for $5 more.

Unread 08-15-2001, 03:06 PM   #3
Luke
User

Default Repro Holsters for P.08 ? ? ?

Have no particular interest in holsters at this time but would like to obtain a really good repro. Can anyone advise the best one available? Thanks.

Unread 08-15-2001, 04:09 PM   #4
Jon
User

Default Re: pacific ordnance has them too

hi guys ,pacific ordnance has them too, black or brown with a free loading tool. sounds good to me. any body own one .please post a reply. jon

Unread 08-15-2001, 04:25 PM   #5
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Default Luke, the best repro's I have seen are CMR International

You can find their URL under links and resources.

-John

Unread 08-16-2001, 09:03 AM   #6
S. Allen

Default whos Pacific Ordinance?

do they have a website? Phone number?

Inquiring minds want to know!

-SA

Unread 08-16-2001, 09:08 AM   #7
S. Allen

Default CMR does not list prices....

...and its overseas...translation....really high prices.

Anyone know what their price is on their P-08 holster. It does look good, but I have feeling that its high and the shipping will be a killer as well.

I didn't even think the Brits could own anything like a Luger - or any centerfire autopistols at all. (can they?)

-SA

Unread 08-16-2001, 10:08 AM   #8
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Default but CMR does respond quickly to an email inquiry with a quote...
http://boards.rennlist.com/upload/holster.JPG
Unread 08-16-2001, 10:18 AM   #9
S. Allen

Default thanks John...

Wow, thats one nice looking holster! Definately worth 15 dollars more than the stiff IMA WWII repro piece. I was just afraid that these were around 100 dollars or more. Besides, this 1918 Erfurt pistol I own would be more "at home" in a brown holster than the Nazi-era black ones to begin with.

They sure make quality hgoods and since their site states that they make wood presentation cases, I am going to foreward their address to my father. He has a high-end, early 1900s Beretta SxS 20 gauge (a nicer quail gun would be hard to find!) that he has always wanted to get a nice walnut presentation case for but did not know where to have one made. These guys might be able to help and the quality is definately there.

Thank you for the information. I will contact these folks next week and place an order for the P-08 holster.

-SA

(leave it to the English to offer fine leather goods...right?)

Unread 08-16-2001, 11:17 AM   #10
Roger Seymour

Default Re: IMA repro PO8 holsters

I brought one of these holosters from IMA. I think Tom described it very well. They are made from heavy leather and are very stiff. And they smell. Figure on airing it out for a couple of weeks. It does include a lifting strap. ALL have a Waffenamp stamp and are retro dated to the WW II era. The extra $5 allows you to pick a particular year to match your luger. I found this holster on a number of sites ranging in price from $35 to $80, but the description was always the same. I had no problems dealing with IMA. They delievered the holster promptly and in good condition.

I'm certain the CMR model is of better quality, but it will costs you al ot more. If you looking at it for display purposes or occassional wear. I think you'll find it adequate. But like Tom says ,it is difficult to get a luger out of the holster.

Unread 08-16-2001, 12:05 PM   #11
Jon
User

Default Re: Pacific Ordinance

hi s allen , no pacific ordinance does nothave a web site, but the phone number is (562) 695-0297.

email pacord2@gateway.net

hope this helps .if not post another meaage and i'll get back to you soon. good luck.jon

Unread 08-16-2001, 12:42 PM   #12
Luke
User

Default Re: but CMR does respond quickly to an email inquiry.

I contacted they by email. They did respond quickly; the P.08 holsters are on backorder until October, and I did not get a price yet.

Unread 08-16-2001, 05:25 PM   #13
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,101 Times in 1,427 Posts
Default Re: Thanks John, Jerry Burney

John, Thanks for the Plug but even I could not make a repro holster for fifty bucks! I guess they do it with cheap foriegn labor. Making a holster from scratch is harder than one would believe, I do all of my sewing by hand but a machine would speed things right along I believe. Where I sell a holster from time to time is the specialty holsters, like the mini luger. No other person in the world makes these but me that I know of. Thanks again Jerry Burney