LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Unread 05-07-2006, 11:29 PM   #1
SparkyRock
User

Default Rare Dress Dagger, Maybe Someone can Help

I have not been able to find any information on this knife. My Great uncle brought it back from Europe After WWII. If was given to him by a french Freedom Fighter. As the story goes it is a dress knife worn by Mucelini's(SP) Cabinet members all are numbered and I believe there are 20 or less ever produced. This was given to my great uncle because the French freedom fighter knew if he was capured with it he would for sure be killed because it ment That he had killed on of Mucelini's men.

Like I said This is what I THINK this is. Have never been able to find anyone who knows anything about this, or has ever seen one.

Maybe one of you guys can help me out. Thanx

SparkyRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2006, 11:40 PM   #2
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,506 Times in 2,080 Posts

Hello whomever (no name given and welcome to the forum) once you are approved, I will move this to the new collector area.

Was a bit surprised to see this here, as it doesn't have a lot of luger interest as your first posting. I know it is WW2 related, but like I said, surprised at your first posting

Ed
Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2006, 11:50 PM   #3
SparkyRock
User

sorry, The Name IS Jeff. This is a great site, lots of info. I have a byf "42" Black widow that was taken off a german officer from the Same Great Uncle. It's cool to see what the marking actually mean.
Unread 05-07-2006, 11:56 PM   #4
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,506 Times in 2,080 Posts

I was a bit tounge in cheek, but yes, great to meet you jeff! I collect bring back stories, if interested shoot me an e-mail, I add in your words, about where they got it, then pictures and will eventually publish.

I have never seen a dagger like this. Quality looks good? The italian flag or whatever, is it hokey or well done?

Ed
Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2006, 12:05 AM   #5
SparkyRock
User

Did I break a rule or something by not posting about my Luger First??

The knife looks to be Genuine and in decent shape but does show it's age. Everything I have has a story behind it, these things were not bought from collectors but passed down over the years. The 42 that I have is in Excellent condition and everything matches. Along with the original Holster, ectra clip and speed loader tool. There was a belt and Swastica Belt buckle with it but that has since dissapeared. I'm still trying to locate that
Unread 05-08-2006, 09:58 AM   #6
Lyn Islaub
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Not too sure about the dagger, but would guess that it is an enlisted or NCO sidearm. The emblem is the Italian Fascist Party emblem dating from 1921-1945. Several different versions of this emblem were used and this is one of the earlier ones. It is not a dress dagger, as they were much more ornate.
Lyn
Lyn Islaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2006, 02:17 PM   #7
Doug G.
User

Your dagger is a standard MVSN fighting knife that was issued to officers. From what info I had collected on mine was that wood (brown) colored grips were enlisted, black was officers and white was general officers. I sold mine sans the Fascist logo on the scabbard a few years back for $400-$500 to a collector in Italy. I can suggest that you post these pics COMMANDO SUPREMO it is an Italian militaria collectors site.