LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 07-13-2001, 03:16 PM   #1
Wayne K. Forsythe

Default Value of German Luger

I have a 1941 byf Luger S/N 9335. A local gun dealer says that it is in 98% condition and probably the best one he has ever seen. The bluing is in great shape except for a little holster wear at the ends of the barrel,and sharp edges. All serial numbers on the pistol match except for the two clips. There is no visible rust on the pistol. I also have an authentic, hard type holster for the pistol as well which is also in excellent condition. The holster has the spare clip pouch as well as the pouch for the tool, but I do not have the tool. Could anyone out there venture a guess as to the range in value that one could reasonably expect to get for this weapon. Thanks for any help you can provide. Wayne

Unread 07-13-2001, 04:36 PM   #2
BOB REGERS

Default Re: Value of German Luger

kepp it and enjoy it!

Unread 07-13-2001, 05:29 PM   #3
Marvin
User

Default Re: Value of German Luger

Wayne,

A 1941 Luger, all matching except the magazines, in 98% condition would sell retail for approx. $1000-1100. The holster, if in excellent condition would sell for approx. $150. The spare magazine would sell for approx. $75-80. If you are contemplating selling the pistol to a dealer, they will probably offer you approx. 30% less than the retail prices. In "Gun List" and "Shotgun News", you will see a rig like this advertised for approx. $1000 up to $1500. I feel the rig should sell for approx. $1100 retail. In addition, I feel that the price is also based on the part of the country where you live as I have seen the price vary due to location and demand in that part of the country. This is just a guess based on the information you have provided. Hope it helps a little.

Marvin