LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 07-11-2001, 08:22 AM   #1
renaissance
User

Default Is it ME? - What am I doing wrong?

I am asking the board for a "sanity check"

I think I am the one who apparently started the now infamous "Nazi" string.

Honest!

I was just trying to be "sensitive" to; the feelings of those forum members of German Decent , before I used the phrase:

" I got it off a Nazi " in my profile.

I phrased my question as carefully as I was capable of.

I especifically acknowledged the "Blamelessness" of individuals of generic Germanic Descent.

Disaster!

Non of what followed was my intent.

With regard to the "Black Grips"

I queried "Marvin" as diplomatically and good naturedly as I could; as to the possibility of Her Grotz (sp?) "pulling Marvins leg", and seem to have:

1. Not only insulted the integrity of the entire technical staff at the WWII era Mauser Factory.

( As it turns out > I was exactly right on - correct AND to my credit; never said "I told you so")

but .

2. Defiled the family honor of some of the descendants of a legendary female aviator and two time "Hero of the Reich" by stating innocently, that "I was NOT interested in her sexual preferences".

And now:

I asked a simple straight forward question, for practical information of the "Maintenance" of Lugers that are used regularly for shooting, and:

I am afraid It is close to becoming another hotbed of dissension, with forum members chiding each other; On the one hand for giving too much detail, and Alternately for not treating the subject seriously enough.

What am I doing wrong?

Should I just sit back and "Lurk"?

Innocently,

renaissance

Unread 07-11-2001, 08:52 AM   #2
BOB REGERS

Default Re: Is it ME? - WhO CARES!!!!?

LOOK THIS IS A MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET, NOT THE NUREMBERG TRIALS SO RELAX--THIS IS AMERICA AND YOUR VIEWS ARE YOUR BUSINESS AND YOUR FREEDOM. IF OTHER PEOPLE WANT TO THINK YOUR A NAZI OR A PURPLE ELEPHANT FOR THAT MATTER THATS THEIR FREEDOM(WHO CARES???) . GUNS ARE GUNS-IMPLEMENTS OF SPORT, HISTORY AND WAR AND GIVEN THE HISTORICAL NATURE OF THIS FIREARM IT WOULD BE SHORT SIGHTED NOT TOO DISCUSS THE HISTORY AS WELL.

Unread 07-11-2001, 08:54 AM   #3
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Default Relax Phil... with the wide range of personalities on this forum

There is no way to completely avoid an occasional ruffled feather that can't easily be pulled back in place by a simple, but sincere, "I'm sorry, no offense was intended..."

If we all conduct ourselves as Gentlemen and Ladies, there should be no discussion that we can't revisit even if we walk away in complete disagreement.

This is a great forum, and we can all be sensitive to each other's issues without having to walk on eggshells.

Opinions are like "elbows" and everybody has some... No need to lurk in the shadows when you can be part of the fun.

regards,

John

Unread 07-11-2001, 03:29 PM   #4
Zeus

Default You call this fun? (EOM)

Unread 07-11-2001, 03:57 PM   #5
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Default You Bet! (EOM)

Unread 07-11-2001, 11:51 PM   #6
Rick K
User

Default Re: Is it ME? - What am I doing wrong?

Renaissance, don't worry about it! I think that you contribute to this forum greatly when you start a good thread that takes off and has its own "legs"! And, you seem to have started a couple of good ones so far! When I first contributed to this forum, the most ignominous thing that I experienced was to get no response at all! When you ask a good, honest question about Lugers on this forum, you can just sit back and learn from all of the opinions that you will certainly get. We all benefit from the knowledge expressed by the knowledgeable guys that are here. That thread about cleaning shooters was very informative, I thought. You (we) get the benefit of an incredible amount of accumulated experience. Hey, if a couple or three other guys get into a fight along the way, that's not your fault! It's certainly happened. Folks who are passionate about things can get into some impassioned discussions! Hope this helps

Unread 07-12-2001, 05:28 AM   #7
Marvin
User

renaissance,

As the others stated, don't worry about it! Things always come out in the wash. Just keep pluggin away with questions and answers and don't worry about what others have to say.

marvin

Unread 07-12-2001, 12:26 PM   #8
Dok
RIP

You are doing OK, can't be responsible for every other poster, and even if I have to speak to a thread about their tone, that's not the end of world. Just straighten up and fly right.