LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 06-07-2005, 02:33 PM   #1
Strider
User

Question Mauser es350

Hi Everyone, I need your help with a project I am working on.

A couple of years ago a cousin of mine gave me a rifle that had no stock, most of the blueing removed and missing a spring for the firing pin that someone had given to him. I asked if there was a stock for it and he said the person that had it previously did not have one for it. Well I forgot about it until I was doing some cleaning and came across it again. Well, I needed a summer project and getting this back to working order sounded like a good plan.

Anyway, I was not sure what model it was so I have been searching the web to see what I could find out. I finally found out that it is a Mauser es350 championship model 22 cal. single shot rifle.

Here is a link to some pictures of an es350. You will need to scroll down a ways to find it. The one I have looks like this one, minus the bluing.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gewehr/...rchive%203.htm

The gun is in great shape especially after giving it a good cleaning. That is when I found out that it was missing a spring for the firing pin.

My hope is that one of you will be able to direct me in the right direction to locate springs for it and a stock. Also, I am looking for a parts drawing of this rifle if there is any available.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Sincerely,
Sid.

Patience is a bitter plant, but it has sweet fruit.
~German Proverb

If it is made before 1930 ..........It is a prototype.
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2005, 03:49 PM   #2
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

Here is a couple of URL's where I found some info:

http://www.usedbookcentral.com/texis...g,jump,40.html

The gun was first introduced in 1928 according to that source. The photo looks a lot like a Remington 500 series rifle and a replacement stock for a single shot rifle in that series might be a place to start... I think Gunpartscorp.com may have replacement stocks for the remingtons...

There is a whole ES350 rifle for sale at:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976221546.htm for $795.00 buy it, duplicate the stock and then sell the rifle?

Here is another for only $475.00

http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976295679.htm

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2005, 05:18 PM   #3
Strider
User

Mr. Foley, thank you for the reply. I appreciate the information that you have given me. I do not have this book as yet and plan on getting it. Please do send me the pictures that you have of yours. I would love to see them and compare to what I have. I need to get my camera battery charged up and the software loaded onto the computer to down load them. I will attempt to get these done this weekend. I will send you a pm with my email address. By the way, the firing pin is ok. I just need the spring for it. I will try to get pictures of this assembly for you. Thank you again for the help. My best to Igg.

John, thank you for the links. I had found these during my search and found that the only images that matched the rifle that I have are the ones at the bottom of the web page I posted, the one called Mauser ES350 Championship model. I guess I forgot to mention that. Thanks for the link for the book. I will try to get this ordered this week.

Again, to both of you, thanks.

Sincerely,
Sid.

~German Proverb

Unread 06-08-2005, 09:15 AM   #4
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

perhaps one of our forum members from Germany or elsewhere in Europe may be able to shed some light on a source for replacement parts. (yeh, I know Tac. the UK is NOT part of Europe! )

How about it Mauro? Roland (pisto), Gerben? Hakan? Swissdagger?

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
Unread 06-08-2005, 09:19 AM   #5
Strider
User

Mr. Foley,

I have sent you a pm with my email address. I have included what pictures I would like to see. Actually any would be great.

I do have a couple of questions for you about the blueing of the rifle. The person who had this before had striped down most of it and I was wondering whether this was done using a salt blue or a rust blue. Which process was proper for the rifle. If at all possible and he is willing I may have our master of the restoration fix this up for me.

Thank you for setting me straight about the stock. This was the only picture that I had found so far that closely resembled the rifle I have. Now I know what to look for and John's suggestion is something I might have to consider.

Again, thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

Sincerely,
Sid.

P.S. Can I bring my trains and play with Iggy for a while? I have some N scale that he might like.

~German Proverb

Unread 06-08-2005, 01:59 PM   #6
Strider
User

Mr. Foley, I am looking forward to seeing what this rifle should look like. I imagine they were quite nice.

Please tell Ig, point taken. There is a nice setup at the local botanic gardens that I would like to operate for a while.

Sincerely,
Sid.

~German Proverb

Unread 06-08-2005, 02:50 PM   #7
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Tac, Please take that luger magazine out of your mouth while you are typing... thanks.

Unread 06-08-2005, 06:55 PM   #8
Aaron
Banned

That's strange, my British relatives are under the impression that England is located in Europe!
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2005, 03:36 AM   #9
JuergenG
User

Agree with tacfoley, no parts available on the German market as well unless taken from another gun.
But now I'm feeling hungry for such a rifle, too.
Would make a nice addition to the BSW 317k and the Gustloff KKW.
JuergenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2005, 09:16 AM   #10
Jack Lawman
User

Default Mm410...

I post this info every time I see a discussion of Mauser .22's. I'm hoping someone new may have info. Sorry to bore you guys who've already seen it.

I have not been able to confirm if the rear sight on my Mauser Mm410 is a factory original custom order or gunsmith special. It seems very unusual that the sight has no indexing marks. Based on the similarity of finish to the rest of the rifle, it appears original.

Also, I aquired this rifle with a broken front bead. Anyone have a sight post that will fit?

Thanks for any help,
Jack
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a1 mm410 montage.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	301  

Unread 06-09-2005, 09:17 AM   #11
Jack Lawman
User

Default Front sight...

Pics of what the front sight should look like:
Attached Images

Unread 06-09-2005, 09:24 AM   #12
Strider
User

Tac and Ig,
The photos are great and very helpful. I now know that I have a bit of work ahead of me. I will continue to clean it up and get it reblued. I will also continue to look for a stock for it. I am sure that with a little patience I will come up with one. I really want to take this out and give it a go. I imagine it shoots like a dream.

Tac, as for not being able to help much. I think there are several here who would agree that you have helped them quite a bit. I was a bit hesitant to ask about this here at the forum at first. As I thought about it I figured that there would be someone who would know about this or point me in the right direction. I did have you in mind. That is the beauty of this forum. There is always someone who is willing to help.

Many thanks.

Sincerely,
Sid.

~German Proverb

Unread 06-14-2005, 02:07 PM   #13
Strider
User

Mr. Foley and Iggy,
Thanks for the info on the firing pin. I guess I will have to be patient unless the piano gets to me first. I do know a gunsmith that helped me out with a firing pin before. I will see what he can do for me.

I want to apologize for not getting any pictures to you as of yet. I did not have an opportunity to do so this weekend. My mom needed some work done at her house and I never did find the time to get to it. Just so you know, I do not think I will be able to get to it for a couple of weeks. But you never know.

Again thank you for all your invaluable information and help. I do appreciate it very much.

Sincerely,
Sid.

~German Proverb

Unread 07-11-2005, 02:56 PM   #14
Strider
User

Hi Everyone, I finally got the pictures of the rifle I have been talking about. Mr. Foley has been a great deal of help with this and has helped me to identify what I have. It is not an ES350 but i believe an ES420. Tac filled me in on it after I sent the pictures to him. Unfortunately my email is down so I can not verify it. Anyway, I thought i would share these with you so that you will get an idea as to what the rifle looked like. The photos were taken outdoors in direct sunlight (sort of, my shadow was in the way) with an Olympus C770 Ultra Zoom. All comments are welcomed. As a side note, this is the condition I received it in. Thanks.

Sorry about the size of the photos. I am just excited that I got these to load up. Thanks again,

Sid

~German Proverb