LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 06-19-2001, 09:57 PM   #1
Matt
User

Default OT UN small arms destruction day

As all of you probably know, the United Nations is calling for global gun control under the guise of "small arms control." The UN has set July 9 for a "Small Arms Destruction Day" where participating nations will have public demonstrations of government officials destroying small arms, in other words, firearms. Governments worldwide have been called upon to scrap all surplus firearms and firearms seized from civilians.

This makes me wonder if we are seeing the beginning of the end of surplus firearm and ammunition sales.

For more info, visit the Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership website. The site has links that will take you to UN websites.

Unread 06-20-2001, 12:04 AM   #2
BILL
User

Default Re: OT UN small arms destruction day

I detest the thin veneer of symbolism that is displayed by these gestures. It truly benefits nobody. It is not about violence, homocide, children, safety or anything other than control of the people. Rest assured that with the abject poverty of the eastern Europeans there will not be anything of value destroyed. If they can sell a rusted stripper clip with some old, cold war ammo in it, they will.

Unread 06-20-2001, 06:08 AM   #3
Big Norm
RIP

Default Re: OT UN small arms destruction day

I used to be hostile against Jews. But then I read the literature distributed by Jews for the Presevation of Firearms and I talked to a few of them. I realized that not all Jews are bleeding heart, commie pinkos. Some hold the same conservative political views that I hold. Sometimes they are more conservative than I am. I now know that I can have some interesting discussions with Jews and not walk away hot under the collar. This organization went a long way towards destroying any budding anti-semitic views that might have been developing in me. And that is good. Check out their literature.

Big Norm