LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 03-24-2005, 08:28 PM   #1
Roadkill
User

Default Do we live in a great country or what?

Weather was great, mother in law is here so wife doesnt keep up with me,
I took a truck load of guns out to a friends farm and had a ball this morning. Started with a Walther PP, fired about fifty rounds of reloads, .32 is not easy to reload, next was the P38 I got from Thor, excellent accurate gun, shot 100 124g lrns using 5.6g of Unique, then was my 1944 BHP, used 150 115g fmj with 4.9g of red dot, I finally got the trigger right after six trys, can't add back if you file to much off the sear, fired 100 .40 rounds through my Beretta Mod 96, then 100 through my Auto Ordnance 1911A1, was shooting 230g lrn with 5.5g unique, its not a gun to be under rated, function and accuracy was excellent, then 100 rounds through the Radom, last fired 100 rounds of 115g fmj with 5.1g of red dot in my Thor restored 1918 Erfurt, flawless in function but I shoot high cause I can't see the sights, best groups were from the .45 and Beretta. Put up the handguns, picked up the brass and pulled out the rifles. Started with a DSA FAL with a 14x scope, shooting at 6" blue paper plates at 125 yds, used attached bipod in prone, fired sixty rounds of my reloads (IMR 4895 - 150g FMJ) with no problem, gun has a hard trigger but I still kept them on target, next was my Colt SP2 AR with a Colt 4x scope, fired 80 rounds of my handloads, all were right on target, then was my Marlin 30-30 336 with 3x9 scope, I dragged it all over Bankhead National Forest Sunday, wanted to be sure scope was still on, fired 20 rounds of handloads, 150g SP - 4895, it was right on. Last I pulled out a AK, its a Mak 90 that I took a bandsaw and trimmed out the thumbhole and angled the underside of stock, result is a single piece stock with pistol grip that is longer and fuller than AK stocks, I painted the gun OD green then striped it with black and brown krylon, trigger is very good, at 100 yds it is a very accurate gun. Fired about 60 rounds of Wolf ( got 2000 rounds shipped for $125), except for still having six pistols to clean I had a great time. Not just anywhere in the world can you do what I did this morning and believe me, I appreciate it.

rgg
Roadkill is offline   Reply With Quote