LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 08-09-2005, 06:24 PM   #1
stevezz1
User

Angry U.K. Collectors........

Hi All,
I am sure all U.K. collectors will be aware of this, but i doubt if our American/Canadian cousens will be.........

As from October this year it will be illegal to sell/buy deactivated firearms.
We can keep what items we have (for now anyway) but no-one seems to know what the future may hold..........

This is another drive by our 'heads up their own asses' government to remove firearms and imitation guns from our streets......This includes BB guns..........You will also have to be over 18 to own an air rifle.

Once again the government are targeting the inocent collector while the criminal with a live handgun gets away scott free - laughing all the way......

I can see it coming.......in a few months time the govermnent will anounce a deac amnesty, as they have done twice for live weapons, and many, many Lugers, P38's, MP.40's etc will be handed in........and distroyed.

The people running this once great country will not be happy untill the only people carrying live weapons are criminals.........

If there are any U.k members who might know of a way round this new legislation, please let me know.

I have written to my Member of Parliament and to Teflon Tony, but they are currently on holiday for 80 days.......... Can you believe it...!!??

Any comments will be greatfully recieved........
Steve.
Unread 08-09-2005, 07:56 PM   #2
Navy
RIP

Steve,

I, for one, stand with my Brit cousins in their struggle for freedom. You have a government that has been literally blasted into the real world; perhaps some of the non-pc reality of todays world will influence such dunderheaded decisions as this.

Were I to speculate on the misguided thinking that underlies such governmental actions, I would no doubt be labeled as a racist reactionary. Instead, I suggest fellow Forum members use the net to stay informed, 'cause the main stream media (The folks that brought you Roseanne Barr) ain't gonna tell you whats happening.

You may wish to consider coming to America...

Tom A.
Navy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2005, 11:30 PM   #3
Doug G.
User

stevezz1, there is a way to get rid of these nuisance laws. When the citizens of England decide they have had enough they will rise up against their government and replace it with a new one. It does work! And has been successful in England, France and the USA. It seems when to government is new it works for the people. Later 1-200 years it starts to work for the people in power. This is when it all goes to hell and the people have to take back what is theirs.
Doug G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2005, 02:20 AM   #4
susan
User

Joyce Lee Malcolm wrote "Guns and Violence: The English Experience" (Harvard University Press of Cambridge, Ma) that seems to echo what you say. There certainly are many good references to use in debate of this topic.

My favorite : the CDC (center for disease control, atlanta) report on violent crimes in disarmed countries. No political agenda, just pure science that proves a direct correlation with increased violent crimes as guns are taken from each country. Can't immediately locate the quote, saw it in NRA's '1st Freedom' magazine, I believe. Should be accessible elsewhere. This would make for good Socratic print should a person choose to post something thoughtfully provocitive...somewhere.

Susan
susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2005, 09:15 AM   #5
George Anderson
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,527 Times in 786 Posts

tac, are the Channel Isles still open to gun ownership? If so might you not buy/rent a flat out there and declare it your permanent residence. Perhaps you could then visit your firearms when "home" on holiday.
George Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2005, 11:38 AM   #6
George Anderson
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,527 Times in 786 Posts

tac, perhaps the greater part of Great Britain should enact similar restrictions on residence...probably clear up alot of problems over there.
George Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2005, 12:29 PM   #7
Herb
User

Default U.K. Collectors

There are people there is the US that also want every hnadgun outlawed, here is an example of a proposed law in Kalifornia that will make it impossible for anyone to own any existing handgun without commiting a crime....

http://www.saami.org/LL/CA-SB357.htm

In my opinion people like this are idiots.
Unread 08-10-2005, 02:52 PM   #8
stevezz1
User

It seems everyone in a position of authority over here has been brainwashed by the pc Brigade, as tac mentions, this includes all the media.
The whole country now has a 'gun phobia' and shooters/collectors are in a very, very small minority.........

Oh well, no doubt there will be a healthy black market in deactivated weapons, who knows, it may make live weapons even more accessable....

Steve.