LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 07-17-2005, 08:34 PM   #1
Walt NW
User

Default Crown RC

My double date DMW/Krieghoff police began life as a 1917 artillery prior to being reworked and picking up the replacement 4" barrel and rear sight. The rear sight is stamped with the crown RC, but it is my understanding that the revisions commisson went out of business at the end of the war. Does this indicate that the piece, for one reason or another, went back to DMW before the end of the war for the conversation or did the revisions commisson actually stay around into 1919 before the Versailles Treaty went into effect?
Walt NW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2005, 11:39 PM   #2
Dwight Gruber
User

Thanked 1,282 Times in 424 Posts

Walt,

By replacement rear sight one guesses that you mean the rear toggle piece, yes? If so, there's no telling where the part actually came from, out of parts stock somewhere...Is there an Erfurt inspector stamp on it?

--Dwight
Dwight Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2005, 06:56 PM   #3
Walt NW
User

Dwight,

Thanks for the reply. No Erfurt inspection stamp and, yes, I should have said the rear toggle. As well as the crown RC, it has a crown B inspector's mark and the two digit 14 which appears to have been made by the same stamp used on the front toggle and trigger plate. Am trying to figure out just how many re-works this has gone through as starting as an artillery, it then picked up the shorter barrel and rear toggle, then went through Krieghoff where it was double dated and turned over to the Dresden police, and then another re-work where the Krieghoff lazy N's were virtually buffed off of the barrel, right side of the front toggle and breech-block, but left alone on the right side of the receiver and frame with none of the other serials or markings being touched in any way and remaining sharp and clear. Basically looks like someone deliberately tried to remove the Krieghoff connection from the gun and then changed their mind. Other than the S.P.D. of the Dresden police, it has no other police or later Nazi markings. Just trying to put the possible history of this thing together.
Walt NW is offline   Reply With Quote