LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 08-06-2001, 11:26 AM   #1
Marvin
User

Default Pistol Cases

After reading the threads concerning the proper storage of hadguns in a vault, the Allen Comapny cases refered to was not avialble. I assumed that the Allen Comapny was the "Bob Allen Sportswear"; manufacturers of shooting accessories and gun cases. I did a search for Bob Allen and found the following address listed attached. Bob Allen stuff is very good quality, but sometimes a bit pricey at a gun shop. Give a look at the site.

Marvin

Bob Allen Gun Cases
Unread 08-06-2001, 11:29 AM   #2
Marvin
User

Default Re: Oops, I Goofed

The correct URL is listed below.

Marvin

Bob Allen Gun Cases
Unread 08-06-2001, 11:33 AM   #3
Marvin
User

Default Re: On a Roll-Another One

OK, I feel like I am on a roll now! Here is another gun case manufacturer to consider. I just ordered 2 rifle cases from this company and the quality is great for the price. I bought their "DC" line of rifle cases and for the internet special price of $21.95 each, a good buy. Take a look at these. Does anyone else have any companies they can recommend?

Marvin

More Gun Case Manufacturers
Unread 08-06-2001, 02:53 PM   #4
Albert Beliard

Default The Allen Company Pistol Pouches

Marvin,

I believe that The Allen Company is located in Colorado and they should not to be confused with the Bob Allen Company. You are correct in stating that the Allen Company suede pistol pouches are a little pricey at about $22.00 each, but I have found them to be the best for storage of expensive pistols for the moment.

The Allen Company is working on a website and they will be online in the near future. Unfortunately, they do not sell direct to customers and it is very difficult finding a gun shop to carry their products. Usually gun shops have to buy each size pouch in boxes of five which is a nuisance.

Albert

http://imperialarms.home.att.net

Unread 08-06-2001, 03:22 PM   #5
Marvin
User

Default Re: The Allen Company Pistol Pouches

Albert,

Thanks for the information on the Allen Comapany. I was not sure who they were and thought it may be Bob Allen Sportswear. I know they do sell cases in addition to their line of shooting jackets. Keep us posted on the company you refer to and let us know when their website is active. We all need to know what is new.

Marvin

Unread 08-06-2001, 06:55 PM   #6
miner
User

Default Good tip...I just ordered a couple of their pistol cases...nt (EOM)

Unread 08-06-2001, 07:26 PM   #7
Kyrie
User

Default Re: Pistol Cases

Hi Marvin,

IĆ¢??ve used Galati International rifle carrying cases and range bags for many years, and have been completely satisfied with them, but for storage I use BoreStores. Galati International sells BoreStores, but Brownells has better prices

Just my $0.02 worth.

Best regards,

Kyrie

Unread 08-07-2001, 07:23 AM   #8
Marvin
User

Kyrie,

Thanks for providing the name "BoreStores"! I am out of town on assignment and could not think of that name. I knew Galati sold these and I have heard they are one of the best cases for storage.

This was the first order from Galati and I am impressed with their merchandise and their prices are great too.

Marvin

Unread 08-08-2001, 12:03 AM   #9
Mike T.

You can order these directly from the manufacturer for a very reasonable price at http://www.borestores.com/ . Although the shipping appears to be free on the website, your credit card bill will reflect a shipping charge pretty close to the actual cost of shipping.

I had done a search for this site a while ago after I had read a previous message from Kyrie praising the product. Although only time will tell if these really protect the guns, they certainly look like they would do the job, appear to be well-made, and probably are a lot better for firearms than some expensive moisture-retaining rabbit fur case. I still use fur-lined cases for actually taking the guns to and from the range, as I think you would defeat the rust-inhibiting characterstics of the Bore Stores by using them for transporting guns home from the range and coating the inside of the Stores with the salty sweat and burnt powder residue from the freshly-fired pistol.

You can stack a lot of pistols in a safe using Bore Stores and still have room for more, as you can pile the guns on top of each other without worrying about scratches or nicks.

Unless and until my guns start rusting, I would highly recommend this item.

Unread 08-08-2001, 06:51 AM   #10
Marvin
User

Mike,

YOu hit the "nail on the head" about the BoreStores not taking up a lot of room. I have one of them and when I was using it for storage, I never had any problems with it. I also agree that the padded type cases is the best for taking a pistol to the range.

Marvin

Unread 08-08-2001, 02:13 PM   #11
Johnny Peppers
User

Best thing I have found for storage are the storage boxes offered by Robert's Arms Specialties. The LA size exactly fits a 4" Luger, P38, or 1911 pistol. The boxes stack neatly in a safe, and come with a label to identify the contents. A sheet of Brownell's VPI paper to wrap the pistol completes the protection, and as I can stack the boxes 8 high in my safe's top shelf, no pressure is put on any one pistol. A sheet attached to the inside door of my safe identifies exactly where any one pistol is located. The boxes are slightly under $3 each the last time I ordered in quantities of around 25.

He offers sizes to fit from the PPK to the LP08's.