LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 09-03-2001, 07:57 PM   #1
lawrence fredrick klang

Default 1918 DWM Military Issue P.08

Hello, my uncle left me a luger and i got possession last week after his estate was probated. i always admired the weapon and he knew it. i have been asking lots of questions on this forum and everyone was fantastic in their help.

Based on this, i have a standard german military issue p.08. all the parts match with the number 21 and 121. the initials on top are DWM. the word gesichert, "made safe".

is stamped by the safety. 88&a small 8 is stamped on the barrel. and there is a letter suffix between the 121 and the 8's at the same spot on the barrel. there are four symbols stamped on the receiver and the Tech. Info Chart says that these symbols are the german military proofs found on DWM lugers 1914 - 1918. i don't know if this is the right place, but i would like to sell it, if it is valuable. thanks, lawrence fredrick klang

Unread 09-03-2001, 08:41 PM   #2
Dok
RIP

Default Re: 1918 DWM Military Issue P.08

Take a trip to the Classifieds (at the bottom of the menu to the left) and you'll find a category there, Lugers for Sale. Enter you Luger and contact info there, and then it will be there foir all to see. It will disappear from here in a couple of days otherwise.

Unread 09-03-2001, 11:17 PM   #3
Tracy

If your Uncle left it to you because you admired it so much I would think you would want keep it. It is only going to appreciate in value. Maybe one of his other relatives would like to have it to keep.

Unread 09-04-2001, 12:33 AM   #4
William Reese
User

Lawrence, without question I would keep the gun. There is no other gun like it. I have a background in engineering and CAD/CAM (computer aided design and computer aided machining) and I can tell you it would be very expensive to make the thing and you still don't have the history. I believe the intrinsic value of this piece of history has been highly underated, and thank goodness or I would not own them. I collect old WWI photos and when I look at someone with a Luger or Broomhandle Mauser on his belt I wounder If it's one I own! Just my less than two cents worth! Auf Weidersehn, William Reese

Unread 09-04-2001, 01:33 PM   #5
lawrence fredrick klang

you are right! i should never sell it, but i need money and its all i have to sell. thanks

Unread 09-04-2001, 01:41 PM   #6
lawrence fredrick klang

thanks for the advice. i would never think about selling it if i wasn't desperate for money, mainly because i loved my uncle. to hell with my creditors! i am going to keep it, even if they turn off the lights and water. it was all i had of value and panicked, but something strange has happened too. after researching it through this web site, i even fell more in love with it and if i ever get any money again, i will buy instead of trying to sell. meanwhile, i think i will try and find out what it is worth in the classifieds before i sell the computer i am on instead of my luger. thanks again. lawrence fredrick.