LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Artillery Lugers

Unread 03-22-2012, 09:36 PM   #1
Jim Mac
User

Default why wont this sell?

This isnt mine but its been on backpage for months. I emailed the owner and told him he might want to join this forum and might get a serious offer on the gun.
I did buy 2 lugers off of back page in the last 9 months. I paid what I thought was a fair price for both, but the prices I paid seemed less than whats offered on gun auction, R guns and even this site.
Is it just a local economy thing? http://tucson.backpage.com/SportsEqu...r-9mm/15837011 heres a link. jim
Jim Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Jim Mac for your post:
Unread 03-22-2012, 09:50 PM   #2
TheRomanhistorian
User

Boy, were I in the area (and had I not just purchased a Luger and a Webley recently...) I would snap that up in a second as I would not mind an Artillery Luger but, alas. I'm surprised that hasn't sold. Thanks for the link.

Nos morituri te salutant - Supposed saying of the gladiators to the emperor ('We, who are about to die, salute you.')

'We are the lantern bearers, my friend; for us to keep something burning, to carry what light we can forward into the darkness and the wind' - From Rosemary Sutcliff's The Lantern Bearers
TheRomanhistorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 10:27 PM   #3
alvin
User

I guess too few viewers on that site. Are most viewers local?? It's a misc site, not all viewers are gun lovers, and not all gun lovers are Luger lovers.

The owner should use gun specific auction sites, or advertisement sites. Or, join forum.

===

Another reason,,,,, not gun specific,,,,, 4/15 tax return deadline is near.
alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 10:38 PM   #4
Jim Mac
User

Backpage is just local all over the place. Look up phoenix backpage or Tucon backpage sports equipment. Bunch of guns for sale. Alot of it overpriced but sometimes there are. good deals
Jim Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2012, 06:02 AM   #5
dz
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

No great bargin, Jerry Burney has one for sale for some time on this site for the same price. David
dz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2012, 04:52 AM   #6
LugerVern
User

Well the price is fair but I have noticed some very nice guns coming on the market lately so the picking is pretty darn good right now. No shortage of quality lugers and other guns as well. I think it is just a supply and demand thing.

No matter what "They" tell you about how good the economy is, almost everything is more expensive. The cost of living is causing people to be very cautious on their purchases.

People are trying to maintain their retirement schedule, so guns are showing up that you might not see in better times.

Several of the local stores in my area stopped accepting consignment guns over the holidays, their shelves were stuffed to the max.

I find it interesting that guns are expected to sale at relatively high prices however and that the really really good deals are few and far between.

I guess if your a stocking dealer and your heating/ AC, food, rent and gas bills are twice what it use to be, you have to charge premium prices.

We are just caught is a vicious circle .

Please vote appropriately this year, it does matter to both the country and to our hobby.

MY two cents worth.

Vern
LugerVern is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to LugerVern for your post: