LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 06-12-2014, 01:50 PM   #1
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,440 Times in 2,328 Posts
Default ati/gsg mp-40

Just got the 10 June Shotgun News; this was on the back cover...

I'll take it down to my local LGS and have him inquire, but I'm pretty sure it's banned here...

If they're advertising it, it should be available...somewhere...

Maybe one of you guys in the free states can give a review...

.22 cal, two models or so I'm told...One fixed stock and one folding...One sold as a pictol, the other as a rifle...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mp40.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	42079  

Last edited by sheepherder; 06-12-2014 at 01:59 PM. Reason: title won't take caps - wonderful
sheepherder is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to sheepherder for your post:
Unread 06-12-2014, 02:03 PM   #2
DavidJayUden
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 1,414 Times in 887 Posts

In a sane world I would question why on earth it would be banned there, however...
dju
DavidJayUden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2014, 02:11 PM   #3
nukem556
User

Don't really see the attraction...that dumb fake suppressor ruins the look. The STG 44 is a much closer replica, but if it's anything like that GSG-5 I was stupid enough to buy, it's a piece of junk. Airsoft quality crap that barely functions.
nukem556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2014, 09:56 PM   #4
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,440 Times in 2,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidJayUden View Post
In a sane world I would question why on earth it would be banned there, however...
dju
Because it's an assault rifle...A weapon of war, not intended for civilian use, it has no earthly purpose except to kill schoolchildren...

It has a pistol grip, a magazine of more than 7 rounds not contained in the grip and which can be used as a vertical foregrip, folding stock, barrel less than 16"...My God, how much more does it need to be outlawed??? It is evil!!! And our governor has decreed that he does not need the legislature to outlaw this poison implement of Satan, he has taken it upon himself to use his God-given power to save us from ourselves!!!

And to make sure no one tries to circumvent his draconian decree, he has singled the manufacturer out by name in his edict.

My LGS just sneered at me when I asked him to call ATI and find out if they intended to try making it NY compliant...
sheepherder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2014, 10:42 PM   #5
318is_Parabellum
User

I had one of the StG-44 ones, and I really liked it. Had to use quite a bit of "Kentucky elevation" because it seemed to shoot really low if I used a proper sight picture. The only reason I traded it off was to acquire my G-date Luger, and that I can easily replace it down the road once my finances recover.

I'll definitely be getting both the pistol and rifle versions of the MP-40 clone, .22lr shortage be damned. I've been fascinated with the MP-40 since I was a young kid, but thanks to our stupid unconstitutional gun laws, I can't afford $10,000+ to buy a real one.

If only we could have semi-auto versions of the StG-44 and MP-40, like in Canada, I'd settle for those. Stupid "sporting purpose" ATF nonsense rules at this point make that a non-starter.
318is_Parabellum is offline   Reply With Quote