LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 10-03-2024, 09:47 AM   #1
Gatorade
New User

Default Searching for a Luger Carbine

Searching for the owner of Luger Carbine 24080. Possibly purchased through Morphy Action's November 2018. It may have changed hands since then.

Lot Detail - (C) DWM 1902 LUGER SEMI AUTOMATIC CARBINE.

Ok, if this seems familiar to some, that’s because it is, I have posted on other boards but thought I would try here as well. I inherited a Luger and some parts and accessories when my grandfather passed away a few years ago. For some reason a Luger Carbine barrel with receiver serial number 24080 was in the accessory lot. He always said it was special but didn’t elaborate. Why or how he ended up with it is a mystery lost to time. After posting it up on Luger Forums Help with Luger parts ID another member was able to locate an auction listing from a few years earlier for the matching Luger Carbine lower receiver. I spoke with the auction house to see if I could get the auction winners information to contact them about reuniting the barrel action and the receiver. They said they couldn’t give that out but took my information and said they would forward it to the winner. That was a couple years ago. So I am creating another thread to try and locate the owner. I believe according to the auction these two pieces are the only mismatched parts. Needless to say this is a needle in a haystack but I might as well try. Thanks for looking!

Also any feedback on value would really help. Luger Carbine parts are very rarely seen in the wild and so I have nothing to gauge value with. The auction was won for around $2500 and reuniting these pieces could raise the value to $10K or more? Needless to say I am not asking $8K for the barrel and receiver but after years of searching with no progress I am also thinking about selling it on its own.

Thank you for input and comments!
Charlie
Gatorade is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Gatorade for your post:
Unread 10-03-2024, 09:55 AM   #2
Gatorade
New User

Gatorade is offline   Reply With Quote