LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 03-14-2002, 11:44 AM   #1
melvyn wright

Default luger holster

I bought a brown holster with these letters on belt holder were these letters T.D.L. 28, P.Plendo, Straubing. One the inside were some proofmarks that can't be distingued but the letters 37 and Bennes D. Will some expert please help me with this. Also someone named Capt. Kisser had scratched their name .It also has brass swlives for shoulder straps

Unread 03-14-2002, 07:24 PM   #2
mlm

Default Re: luger holster

Can't help with the brass swivels--if not integral to holster may have been added by the individual soldier for personal style/use. P.Plendo Straubing on belt holder might suggest a WW1 period maker of leather goods but not one familiar to me. T.D.L. is not a unit abbreviation that is common nor familiar to me. I have seen thousands of luger holsters and nothing is familiar here. DOes the holster have the standard configuration for a luger military holster? That is, a hard box-like shape with rounded lid and dual belt loops, pull-up strap, tool pouch in lid and mag pouch on right side? Does it have a buckle strap closure on front?

Any photos you could post?

dave

Unread 03-15-2002, 09:05 AM   #3
Marvin
User

Melvyn,

This holster does not sound familiar to me either. If it is possible, can you post a photo and someone may be able to help you.

The brass swivels make me wonder if it may be a post war holster. It sure does not sound like a German one to me.

Marvin

Unread 03-15-2002, 09:17 AM   #4
melvyn wright

this holster is shaped for an luger the pouch underneath the flap (for tools) I guess has been removed and there is no clip pouch.i'll send a picture later. only a single wide belt loop in back with the printing on the straped thanks for the reply

Unread 03-15-2002, 09:30 AM   #5
melvyn wright

it has a brass type slip buckle to close the flap, shaped for a lunger,excellent stitching, the barrel end is even enclosed,no clip pouch was ever there, swivles were made as part of the top of the holster,only a single wide belt strap,brown in color beautiful leather, on the inside stamped in ink is Bennes D, 3 proof marks(can't read them) a mark that looks like SS isgn and 37 thanks for your reply

Unread 03-15-2002, 11:05 AM   #6
Marvin
User

I may be totally off base on this, but it sure is sounding like an Italian made holster. The Italians made a holster for the 1934 model that had a single belt loop and a swivel on the back. When we get to see a photo, I feel we can narrow down what it is.

marvin

Unread 03-15-2002, 11:40 AM   #7
melvyn wright

thanks, what throwing me off is the word Straubing,which there is a Straubing,germany

Unread 03-15-2002, 02:00 PM   #8
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Default Sounds like it might be some variation of a Swiss Holster

Unread 03-15-2002, 05:06 PM   #11
66mustang

Default Although adopted in 1925 (EOM)

Unread 03-16-2002, 09:46 PM   #12
melvynwright

Default Re: Sounds like it might be some variation of a Swiss Holster

thepictures were helpful the strap looks like namu but the muzzle end is much narrow the swilves are located on the back thanks for the pictures

Unread 03-16-2002, 09:49 PM   #13
melvynwright

Default Re: Nambu's are WW2 Japanese (EOM)

Unread 03-17-2002, 10:18 PM   #14
melvynwright

did you receive my pictures, looks like nambu