LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 08-30-2002, 06:47 PM   #1
one gunner
User

Post 714 Mauser Broom Handle Need Information

Some years ago Federal Ordinance put together some 714 BroomHandle pistols if memory serves me right they had Federal manufactured frames mated to surplus like new uppers. Does anyone know if the frames were cast steel or forgings.

Also I was under the impression that the original weapons besides being full auto were all of the caliber 7.65 mauser. Is this correct or were there also original 9mm luger chamberings? If there were only the 7.65 caliber models then Federal ordinance must of rebored their 9mm models that they sold.

What would be a fair purchase price for the 9mm model with shoulder stock and one 10 shot magazine and two 20 shot magazines?

Has anyone out there actually owned and fired the 9mm model. If so did it function as reliable as the original 7.65 caliber pistols? The reason I am asking is because I once owned a Red 9 model Boomhandle that was in very good condition and it failed to feed the very short 9mm rounds that were loaded in a magazine originally designed for the longer 7.65 mauser cartridge.

Any info about this model 714 variation would be greatly appreatiated.
one gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2002, 10:13 AM   #2
Lugerdoc
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Tom M, I used to visit Fed Ord a couple of times a year when I lived in Calif. As I recall their M714 Broom frames were made without slot for stock and were generally set up to accommodate the 7.63mm Schnellfeuer tops and small parts and used original 7.63 mm Schnell mags. If you want a 9mmP, you might want to consider one of the recent Chinese production ones that also use Schnell tops bored out to 9mm and their own 9mm only mags. These pistols also have the slot in the frame to accomodate a stock, if desired. These are currently selling in the $500 to $600 range w/o stock. Tom H.
Unread 08-31-2002, 12:57 PM   #3
one gunner
User

thank you for the reply lugerdoc.

Where would I buy one of these Chinese 9mm Brooms

Could you give me the name of any importers or wholesalers that are selling these Chinese Brooms.

Have you fired any of these and if so how reliable were they.

Are the chinese frames forged or cast?

What is your professional opinon as to the workmanship on the Chinese parts of the gun ( I assume they are making the frame and that the upper is of German manufacture.
one gunner is offline   Reply With Quote