LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 04-11-2015, 01:03 PM   #1
Quiet1
User

Default A Question on Grips

The grips on my new code 42 1940 Luger are matching but not numbered. In addition to the E/655 acceptance stamps there are some strange stampings on each grip. Each different.

I tried searching but didn't find anything to explain them. Perhaps someone here can interpret them for me.

I've included a photo but don't have the software to allow me to draw circles and arrows so I'll have to explain what they are and where they're located on the photo.

Inside the left grip at the lower left is the E/655 mark and next to it at 7 o'clock is a squared off "U" or "C". And, at the top of the grip, right next to the mag release cutout is a very distinct "O". (Don't know if it's a zero or an o.)

Inside the right grip, in the lower right side of the photo there is a clearly marked "S". (Just above it at 10 o'clock is the E/655 acceptance. Higher, in the center of the grip, just below where the mag release cutout is located, is an "M" or "W". It's very difficult to see in my crappy photo but it's there and very distinct.

Can anyone tell me if these mark have any meaning or were they simply marks made by the workers?

And, part two of the question; would these grips be "correct" and "original" to the gun pictured in my separate thread?

Here's the picture. Thank you for any responses.

Quiet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2015, 04:18 PM   #2
Geo99
User

These grips look awfully clean to be original. I'm not saying they aren't, but there does not appear to be any oil absorbed by them at all - especially where the stamps are.

- Geo
Unread 04-11-2015, 04:48 PM   #3
mrerick
Super Moderator - Patron
LugerForum
Life Patron

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,509 Posts

The marks are inspection marks made during production. The E/655 marks would be WaffenAmt acceptance marks. Not all grips were numbered to the gun.

I saw your grips on your other post, and they look good to me.
The following member says Thank You to mrerick for your post: