LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 07-17-2008, 08:19 PM   #1
Fazer
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Default Guns come home

November last year I was having some pistols shipped to me from Canada to Australia. Some Bozo put them on the Vancouver to Honolulu flight intsead of the Vancouver to Sydney flight. Anyway the guns were siezed in Hawaiii as there were no permits in place to transit the USA.

I mentioned this before in this forum.

Well the good news, after much time and more money, I now have the pistols. That part is good.

Air Canada just washed their hands of the whole situation as soon as it arose, even though it was their fault that the guns were seized. I had the pistols shipped from Hawaii to the CONUS and mailed on from there. Air Can won't even re-emburse me with the shipping costs paid to them, even though they never made the shipment, let alone all the other costs that occured.

I guess when you are on the other side of the world it's easy to just ignore a customer. At least I got the pistols.

Chip
Fazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2008, 08:50 PM   #2
davidkachel
User

They can ignore a customer, but they can't ignore a lawyer. Sue 'em!
Unread 07-18-2008, 09:05 AM   #3
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

I agree... take them to small claims court... they didn't complete their obligation for the payment they received to ship those pistols correctly. Add the cost of your reclamation process for good measure... Small claims court doesn't cost an arm and a leg... because it is just you against them... get your facts in order and present them as evidence... I can't see how a judge could do anything except find in your favor unless you unknowingly waived some rights to reimbursement during your shipment.

Congrats on getting your guns back!

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2008, 10:43 AM   #4
Went Blakely
User

Agreed, take them to the cleaners. But before we go further, any pics and specs on these pistols?