LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Artillery Lugers

Unread Today, 11:48 AM   #1
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,631 Times in 1,000 Posts
Default shooter artillery rear sight woes....

Hi to all, I have been battleing rear sight hop on a nice artillery shooter I have put together for one of our members! I have made several different flat springs and preloaded them in every manner imaginable, all with negitive results? I used original rear sights, as well as Sarco and Lugermans. No success, every time the rear sight ladder would jump a notch every shot! So on the first round you were right on, and by the eighth shot you were shooting at about five hundred meters! I tried to block the sight with different materials and all was for naught.
I set it aside and thought about it and hit on a possible fix. I made a correct strong flat spring in the shape of an original. On the end that goes forward I placed a small 3/16"round steel ball that I had ground a small flat spot on with a dremel abrasive wheel. I super glued the ball to the spring end forward top (made it easier to install) and then reassembled the sight and off to the range! Sight was rock solid, not even a wiggle!
In order to make it fit, you can simply continue to grind the flat spot on the ball as I'm sure this will varie depending on the rear sight used. Now keep in mind, you can't elevate the sight ladder, so in effect, this is now a fixed sight. But at least it looks correct and you can take it to the range and play! Best to all, til.......lat'r....GT
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 4 members says Thank You to G.T. for your post:
Unread Today, 03:16 PM   #2
PolishX
User

Default Great to hear

I know that jumping arty site thing was a source of frustration for you, glad to see you have a fix for it. Are you taking work again ?
PolishX is online now   Reply With Quote