LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 10-14-2005, 01:48 AM   #1
G.W. Gill
User

Default a movie about Luger's political discussion

Fellow Members, I filled my Elvis whisky glass to the point where I posted an inflamatory political tirade about other countries gun control. I slurred poorly about a subject I know little about. My apologies and I deserve the following posts. I deleted the post and will read up on the subject. I also owe an apology to Venix for jumping his post.
G.W. Gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2005, 03:22 AM   #2
G.W. Gill
User

Could Be, I admit. I don't believe it would end up that way. I believe it would end up the same way as it has played out in history before. Sorry Tac . I lost my Elvis Whisky glass. I put the dogs out and... Ah , you know how it is. Can we resume this challange late on?. In a minute. Ok , your right. I don't know what "effemitises" means and would get a black eye or two. I will stick to the sentiment though. Where the heck did I put my Elvis Glass?. This is very important. A set of four. I can only take on one contenant at a time and this one is closest. Will pick up europe next convient time. O.K.?
Unread 10-14-2005, 04:03 AM   #3
G.W. Gill
User

Sorry Tac, I did not wan't to come across that way. I chose my words poorly. I f I offended you it wasn't intent. Zealous fingers drive my keyboard. At times with little thought to others in this global web. I could have tread a little lighter. Please zing me with a comeback . At your liesure. Of coarse I stand by my feelings but dialoguge and communication is where we learn. The law abiding citizen note rung a bell. O.K, If the hammer has already fallen. The mindset here is never to let that happen. I found the Elvis glass. Dogs knocked it off the back porch. I will hope/fight our gunrights won't go that way.
Unread 10-14-2005, 04:42 AM   #4
G.W. Gill
User

Hey, I know you like the West coast. I found the missing Elvis whisky glass. Next time your in Fla. lets have a glass? I am usually more agreable in person. Especially when I have a fullset of Elvis.
Unread 10-14-2005, 08:25 AM   #5
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,506 Times in 2,080 Posts

I split this thread, was going to delete it, but catch so much hell for doing that, and well, just didn't want the hassle

So, unsure what the hell this had to do with the original posting, but if you guys want to have a political discussion and get all unbent, on a subject I am unsure of where it is going, go ahead
Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2005, 09:38 AM   #6
Lugerdoc
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Back to GLG/s movie senario --- If this movie was made for US TV (actually I think that it has been made), after the BANG! one would find that the dead tall stranger about to enter the child's room, was in fact the family's teenage son, favority Uncle, overnight guest (take your pick) and the rest of the film, would preach the dangers of having a loaded gun in the house. TH
Unread 10-14-2005, 09:00 PM   #7
Ron Smith
User

Tom,

It has been made. About a Colt official police .38 spec. And the "horrors" that it wrought over a period of time. They failed to focus on the "Dips**t's that were using it.

As usual, an evil gun gets into some poor unsuspecting soul's hand, and it starts shooting people uncontrollably. Or they become posessed by Blood Lust!!!

Probably because they had a bad childhood or weren't potty trained properly.
I Still Need DWM side plate #49... if anyone runs across a nice one.

What ~Rudyard Kipling~ said...
Ron Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2005, 01:56 AM   #8
Rod WMG
User

And tonight I was watching "Numbers" (I think) and they said someone bought a pistol at a gun show in Nevada and no records were kept. Naturally a murder was committed with it and the evil gun was left at the scene so that they could insert that anti-gun statement.
Rod WMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2005, 02:25 AM   #9
G.W. Gill
User

I noticed that also. T.V has an obvious bias. (On another subject, Thanks Ed and Tac, you let me indulge. I didn't deserve the consideration ).
Unread 10-16-2005, 10:42 AM   #10
John -Melb
User

Pistols have been registered in Aust. since about 1929.
We didn't have a choice, hand in what was declared illegal or risk up to 12 years for illegal possession. As a result I lost ALL my handguns including a 1917 DWM Arty. All because "our" Prime Minister "hates guns".
To now have a "fellow" collector rub my nose in it give me the Sh***.
I've spent the last fifteen years working in various maximum security prisons, prior to that I spent eight years in the regular army. I'll stand by my statements too Gregory W. Gill, and should the opportunity ever present itself, I intend putting those Elvis glasses somewhere they aint designed to go............
John -Melb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2005, 02:44 PM   #11
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,101 Times in 1,427 Posts

True Americans have always shown a willingness to fight and die for their beliefs, often for the cause of others. If it comes to robbing Americans of their 2nd amendment rights you will surely see some of those same Americans who will not fear jail, nor will we fear death. Only so many freedoms can be lost without affecting the lifestyle we so love and if they are gone...what is appealing about living in that kind of society? I am 55 years old and already I have seen America erode towards a welfare liberal condition. If it would suddenly take a drastic change for the worse I believe you would have a long run of Waco's popping up. An excellent way to start a civil war. A distinct possibility if the Democrats come to power.
I empathize with our English and Australian cousin's. Theirs is a hard lot. We must guard against similar tragic conditions happening here.

The tree of Freedom must be nourished from time to time with the blood of Patriots. Jerry Burney

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2005, 12:13 AM   #12
G.W. Gill
User

John, I would like to keep my Elvis glasses in the sunshine. I will read up on AUS. gun control. My apologies.
Unread 10-17-2005, 05:19 AM   #13
John -Melb
User

Greg, no worries
Unread 10-17-2005, 04:52 PM   #14
unspellable
User

I am hoarding a bottle of Australian rum. I have a bottle of top grade Bourbon. I'll throw out the bottle of Cutty Sark that's been sitting around and get a bottle of real Scotch if you guys will come sit on my patio, call truce, and shoot the bull.
unspellable is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2005, 07:35 PM   #15
John -Melb
User

unspellable,
Thanks for the offer, nothing to worry about, the truce has been well and truely called. We all get angry at times.