LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 09-22-2001, 08:27 PM   #1
Ken F.

Default First trip to the range with my Luger

I took my 1939 Mauser to the range for the first time the other day. This was the first time I have ever fired a Luger. WOW!!! Lugers are great guns to shoot. The balance of the gun has no equal to any other that I have shot. The aiming of the gun was so natural that I found myself pointing and squeezing several times and had to keep reminding myself to look at the sights every once in a while. I manager to wear out the center of a 1 inch bullseye from 25 feet, and I am not a good shooter by any means. I know that I am not telling you anything you did not already know. I just want to share my excitement.

If you only knew what a really bad shooter I am, you would be able to share my excitement with me.

Unread 09-22-2001, 08:41 PM   #2
Dok
RIP

Default Re: First trip to the range with my Luger

I think we've all been there Ken...

Unread 09-22-2001, 09:31 PM   #3
Thor
User

That's great Ken, yes, they are really different than most modern firearms and do have a lot of good qualities in addition to being the best looking on the line! They are pretty accurate, even some of the old rough barrels will *Put 'em in there* They can be very exciting to fire! I "have" to go fire and function check two of my reworks tomorrow (Rick Kimmel and Max Jeffreys) Start on Tom Hellers Monday. ~Thor~

Unread 09-23-2001, 06:10 AM   #4
Marvin
User

Ken,

Sounds like you are "hooked" on Lugers now! Yes, they do have that natural quality about them. I am glad yours shoots so well. Some folks talk about not being able to hit the side of a barn with a Luger, but it must be remembered that the pistols have been through a lot in the past 50-90 years according to which year they were made. You never know how they have been treated or what has been done to them, but I feel that as new, they were probably the most accurate production military pistol in the world.

Since you have the bug, what is your next anticipated Luger purchase?

marvin

Unread 09-23-2001, 08:07 AM   #5
Ken F.

I hope to one day own a true collecter's grade Luger. I am new to Lugers so I do not have any real favorites yet. Since I am currently supporting our local Othodontist, it will be quite some time before I can afford one.

Unread 09-24-2001, 02:19 PM   #6
Sid Gariss

Ken, I know exactly how you feel. Thor is to blame for giving me the bug . He kept sending me pictures of some of his work and showing me the pistols before he sent them off. I finally got together with him to fire a shooter he had. I knew I had to have my own as soon as I could.

Sid.

Unread 09-24-2001, 03:46 PM   #7
Thor
User

hahaha., you are hooked good Sid, wait until you see Ralph's spread, you will think you are in heaven ~Thor~

Unread 09-25-2001, 01:29 PM   #8
Steve Lempitski
User

Default Don't "work" too hard!! (EOM)