LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Luger Accessories

Unread 04-10-2009, 07:00 PM   #1
bderose
New User

Default my new mitchell luger

at our last gun show i happened upon a individual selling a mitchell reproduction (nib) stainless luger . I was in love! I knew i could never afford a authentic luger and this was as close i was going to get. Beautiful isnt the word , she shoots great , HOWEVER i notice that when the last shell is fired , she doesnt toggle action open like she should ---- do you think it is because i am using 115 grain ammo -- and need to get hotter loads?
Also i am looking for another magazine, any ideas??? thanks
bderose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2009, 07:07 PM   #2
Ice
User

MecGar makes the best magazines and they are even better when Lugerdoc adds a new wooden bottom. As for the toggle not locking back on the last shot, I think that the loads are not moving the toggle back far anough for it to work; we need something hotter cuz I had the same problem today. I was shooting aluminum Blazer. Those stainless Lugers are beautiful pistols. I could kick myself for not buying a 9mm with P08 grip at the last gun show.

Charlie

Last edited by Ice; 04-11-2009 at 08:58 AM. Reason: To correct brain malfunction calling a Luger a Mauser
Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2009, 08:55 PM   #3
LugerVern
User

The button on the mag triggers the hold open, it sometimes hangs on the frame at the very top. This can be caused by the shooter holding the gun in the two hand mode and resting the mag in the palm of one hand.
You may want to shoot your new gun being careful not to apply too much pressure on the mag.
New guns sometimes have burs, or need lubrication.

Vern
LugerVern is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2009, 09:26 PM   #4
Mauser George
User

bderose:

Here is what I would suggest you do to see where the problem is! My guess is that the 115 gr load is to light as you mentioned.

Insert the magazine into the Luger and pull back the toggle back till it locks open! If it does your first assumption was correct, you need a 124 gr round to function the toggle assembly.

I have yet to find a Luger magazine that the spring was too weak to function a Luger correctly!

Regards,

George
Mauser George is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2009, 03:57 AM   #5
Sieger
User

Default Magazine Spring too Weak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauser George View Post
bderose:

I have yet to find a Luger magazine that the spring was too weak to function a Luger correctly!

Dear George:

I respectfully disagree with this statement, as I have found the major problem with Lugers jamming is worn or weakened springs, both magazine and recoil.

Sieger
Sieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2009, 07:46 AM   #6
Lugerdoc
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Not all stainless lugers were made to accept standard PO8 mags. For those that do, I carry the original manufacturer's stainless wood bottomed mags @$35 each. For those that require the wider extruded wood bottomed mags with the AM Eagle stamped on both sides of the wood bottom, I also have those in stock (these are too wide for a standard luger) @$50 each. TH
Unread 04-11-2009, 09:31 AM   #7
Mauser George
User

Sieger:

Since I have never replaced a spring in any of my Lugers( Or WW1/WW11 handguns), you may be correct.

When one of my Luger's jams, it has always been the ammo.

My best guess is that the stainless Luger will lock back with the magazine inserted. Will be interesting to see what bdrose comes back with.

Regards,

George
Mauser George is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2009, 02:37 PM   #8
Sieger
User

Default Magazine Springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugerdoc View Post
Not all stainless lugers were made to accept standard PO8 mags. For those that do, I carry the original manufacturer's stainless wood bottomed mags @$35 each. For those that require the wider extruded wood bottomed mags with the AM Eagle stamped on both sides of the wood bottom, I also have those in stock (these are too wide for a standard luger) @$50 each. TH
Hi:

Do you know whether or not the magazine springs in these stainless steel configurations are in any kind of spec.? I've heard that the stainless configurations suffer from jamming problems right out of the box.

Sieger
Sieger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new mitchell luger