LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 12-28-2001, 10:35 PM   #1
Tom M

Default 1941 Police Issue

I finally have all the details about the 1941 Mauser banner Police issue Luger I am looking at. It is numbered 565y, it has the sear safety with the dingy white "geschirt" lettering, it has the white metal rivet on the sear(?), it has all the markings as per the hints I was given(L eagle on the right side ect) and it does have a matching # magazine. I am not sure how to judge the size of the year. I would say the 1941 numbers are slightly over a 1/4 inch in height. The finish is original and it is at least 95% if not more. I was looking for a ball park figure on the sale value of this luger. I am going to buy it anyways as it is a very nice piece. This is my first Luger and I want to thank everybody for their help with my research on this gun. I will post photos when my permit comes through...

Unread 12-31-2001, 03:46 PM   #2
Ol'Duke

Default Re: 1941 Police Issue

If it will help, I sold one this Saturday for $800. It was about 75% +or- and it had a defective mag. In all other respects, it was the same as yours except it was a 1940. It also had a replacement barrel. All things considered, I'd say, based on me getting 800 from a real picky Luger collector, you are looking at $1200 to $1400...imho. I'm just interpolating based on what I got for mine. The real people that know Lugers on this Forum would be of better help and knowledge than me..good luck.

Ol'Duke