LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 12-21-2001, 04:56 PM   #1
bob regers

Default Iron Cross Lugers...

The Liberace of Firearms! Tastelessly overdone without any historical precedent aside from the firearm itself. The only people i could see having these "works of art" are Maybe Elton John or the late Elvis Presly.

Unread 12-22-2001, 03:16 AM   #2
Jay Newman
User

Default Re: Iron Cross Lugers...

I just hope that they didn't destroy any decent Lugers to make them.

Unread 12-23-2001, 06:01 PM   #3
Jim Van Eldik
User

Which worries me. The way I read it these are original Lugers gussied up to look like French whores. I take that back, no French whore would ever allow herself (or hisself) to look like this. Now a U.S. pimp.............

Unread 12-27-2001, 12:55 AM   #4
mlm

Yep--the Liberace of lugers, and yes, there were some nice rare original lugers sacrificed to make these. I know because I saw dozens of the lugers before "processing" (the word used at the factory/shop that made the Iron Cross Lugers. They don't sell huge numbers of these--perhaps 300-400 but I saw a 41/42 luger that had been stripped and buzzed in preparation for it being engraved then finished. Apparently the buzzer (buffing wheel used to "knock off" imperfections in the factory vernacular) had burned through the metal in a place so it might have been rejected. At the time I saw it it was being examined to determine if it could be repaired and put back into the process.

There were several unit marked Weimar and WW1 lugers and lots and lots of mauser made lugers.

A few artilleries were being considered for a special small run but I wasn't around when that was carried forward.

Unread 12-27-2001, 02:09 AM   #5
BILL
User

Yup, they may be gaudy but the thing that bothers me most is what it makes the average person think a Luger (especially a 'tricked out' one) is worth. Many advanced Luger collectors inflate the value of their pistols so it is even worse that the general public thinks it is normal for a Luger to be worth at least $5K to $10K. Although, it is ok if you are in the business of selling rather than buying.

Unread 12-27-2001, 10:16 AM   #6
bob regers

Default THE HORROR.... THE HORROR!!!!!!!! (EOM)