LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 10-10-2009, 01:57 PM   #1
docwjw
New User

Default Gunsmith help

I need some help. I have two Wyatt-Imthurm .45cal Luger conversions. One works well, the other does not. The hold open lever on one does not work. It is my hope that I can find someone who can correct the problem. I would send both pistols so the one which functions can be examined to assist in the repair. I hope I can receive a suggestion of a gunsmith who specializes in working on Lugers. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, WJW
docwjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2009, 10:13 AM   #2
jamese
User

If your in Fla, I'll take a look.....otherwise...get with Hugh Clark or Luger Doc both on this forum.
Hold open should be an easy repair

Jim
Unread 10-11-2009, 10:23 AM   #3
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,440 Times in 2,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by docwjw View Post
I have two Wyatt-Imthurm .45cal Luger conversions...Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Can you post some pics of these Lugers???

Only reference I could find was a Simpson's listing for a .45 target conversion...

http://www.simpsonltd.com/product_in...6642096c4e3d2a
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wyatt.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	8857  

sheepherder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2009, 12:46 PM   #4
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso
Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,676 Posts

I would imagine that the holdopen on a Wyatt is substantially different than on a standard Luger. There is no separate magazine in a Wyatt. The grip frame itself serves as the magazine for the larger .45 cal cartridge and it loads from the top of the action (kind of like a C96 but without a stripper clip) with the toggle open. Since there is no magazine follower button to actuate the hold open (the follower is actually lowered by inserting a rod through the slot in the right grip), the holdopen must have been modified to be engaged by the follower itself or by some other device. I have never had the opportunity to handle one of these unique guns, so all I can do is guess.
Unread 10-11-2009, 10:05 PM   #5
docwjw
New User

Default gunsmith help

I wish to thank all who have replied. I now have some leads to follow. Both my pistols are the same as pictured in the Simpson listing, but with plain grips. There is a bolt head on the side of the follower which is to activate the hold open lever. There is a problem with the hold open lever on the malfunctioning pistol. Thanks again to all who have replied. I will try to post pictures of both when repaired. WJW
docwjw is offline   Reply With Quote