LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 08-08-2003, 04:24 AM   #1
Teps71
New User

Post Help with Luger

Today I purchased a Code 42 1939 Luger. Got it home and field stripped it and cleaned it.

Upon reassembly and function check, the hammer doesn't fall. I pulled the trigger plate off, put the locking bolt in the correct position and can manually push the trigger bar and the hammer falls. The trigger plate is seated in its notch to the rear of the plate.

Is there a trick to getting the trigger plate back into place so that the bar which contacts the top of the trigger assembly and the trigger bar does what it is supposed to? Is the bar in the trigger plate supposed to contact the spring loaded plunger on the end of the trigger bar?

When fully assembled pulling the trigger results in the trigger bar move just slightly.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but the locking bolt on this thing is shot. The slide never seems to sit flush with the front of the frame like it should. I will try and hunt one of these down.

The hammer did fall before I tore it down and cleaned it which leads me to believe it is something I am doing incorrectly.

Thanks for any help...
Teps71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2003, 01:55 PM   #2
Lugerdoc
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Teps, If you think that a luger has a hammer, you do need help. If the barreled receiver is not alining properly with the frame, chances are that it is not properly installed. Once you do that and install the side plate (back end first into the slot in the frame, your trigger lever in the side plate should press on the disconnector (plunger in the trigger bar) and release the striker (firing pin) as before. TH
Unread 08-08-2003, 08:52 PM   #3
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Check the technical information pages for correct assembly instructions...and if you still have a problem, mention it here and someone will help you... and welcome to the Lugerforum.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote